585,715 active members*
4,072 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Tool setter got crashed on Doosan Puma 400L, how to realign properly?

Tool setter got crashed on Doosan Puma 400L, how to realign properly?

A now ex-employee "quit" pulled out a t-nut too far and spun the chuck into the tool setter under power in low gear knocking the tool setter WAY out of wack, now it's my job to realign it, I first off loosened off the screws that hold it to the machine and adjusted it so it would fit back in its home tube, but now the tool tip only touches on the very edge of the setting tip, I know how to adjust the size the tool cuts and I've got it cutting within .001 so it works fine but I can't figure out how to get the tool centered on the tool setter tip, no matter how I adjust the 4 screws that hold it to the machine it still does not affect the contact point much, is there an internal stop that can be adjusted to raise or lower how far the setter head comes down? It goes down too far is the problem. I included a few pics to show the problem, one pic is of the tool setter and the other is how the tool tip touches.Thanks for any advice.

Dave:

Talk to Darryl Hardt on this forum. He's the Doosan factory service guy here in the states. His handle is Dhardt. VERY knowledgeable.

The q-setter is a highly-precise, positioned measuring device that has location offsets in Z and X, but it appears that yours is arc-ed down in Y due to bending the arm mounting area. To fix the problem, replace the damaged part with a new one and program the correct offsets to teach the correct Z/X position.
    To get it running without replacing...maybe...shim/grind the base to re-position the arc to the appropriate area, then teach the Z/X position to the parameters.

I recommend replacing damaged precision items...
    Doosan Service Technician
    [email protected] O:973-618-2461 M:973-803-9479

Thanks dhardt, I'll fix it one way or another, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a simple adjustment I could make on it first, thanks again.