585,735 active members*
4,821 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Need Hellp HAAS VF2 SS 2008 wont start

Need Hellp HAAS VF2 SS 2008 wont start

Hello

Yesterday on my haas vf2 ss 2008 year. I press the green button ( power up) the machine started for 3 second, then turn off. After that I can start the machine any more. I check the red bottom its off, I check the main switch is on green off/on doesn't help , the machine is deat !!! Does the machine have some fuse or relays for power up ? Thanks..
    ps. sorry for my bad English

Check the 24 V control Voltage , And see the relay or Overload if Tripped ? Also check the main Incomer Voltage and update

Hello

I check the power ... the power comes in . I find that in programing book. Please read. I thing this is the problem.

Main contactor K1 is used to turn the control on and off. The POWER ON switch applies power to the coil of
    K1 and after it is energized, auxiliary contacts on K1 continues to apply power to the coil. The POWER OFF
    switch on the front panel will always remove power from this contactor.
    When the main contactor is off, the only power used by the control is supplied through two ½ amp fuses to the
    circuit that activates the contactor. An overvoltage or lightning strike will blow these fuses and shut off the main
    contactor.
    The power to operate the main contactor is supplied from a 24V AC control transformer that is primary fused at
    ½ amp. This ensures that the only circuit powered when the machine is turned off is this transformer and only
    low voltage is present at the front panel on/off switches.

Sow where are those two fuses ½ amp ?

Thank your for you hellp and time

Ok... I find those two fuses ½ amp but its looks they are ok /good. The problem must be somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by haasab View Post
    Hello

I check the power ... the power comes in . I find that in programing book. Please read. I thing this is the problem.

Main contactor K1 is used to turn the control on and off. The POWER ON switch applies power to the coil of
    K1 and after it is energized, auxiliary contacts on K1 continues to apply power to the coil. The POWER OFF
    switch on the front panel will always remove power from this contactor.
    When the main contactor is off, the only power used by the control is supplied through two ½ amp fuses to the
    circuit that activates the contactor. An overvoltage or lightning strike will blow these fuses and shut off the main
    contactor.
    The power to operate the main contactor is supplied from a 24V AC control transformer that is primary fused at
    ½ amp. This ensures that the only circuit powered when the machine is turned off is this transformer and only
    low voltage is present at the front panel on/off switches.

Sow where are those two fuses ½ amp ?

Thank your for you hellp and time