584,841 active members*
4,686 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Esprit > Questions about the Mapps 4 control w/esprit and esprit cam question.

Questions about the Mapps 4 control w/esprit and esprit cam question.

Okay forgive me I'm a newbie here...
    On a Mori NT with the Mapps 4 control running esprit, Concerning the floating license, is it a complete cam package with all the bells and whistles, such as API interface?

On Esprit in general, does it understand machining off centerline? Does it understand what the cutter path will look like after it mills through off centerline?

Sorry about the lame questions, but I dont have esprit in front of me yet, and am trying to gage esprit's understanding of milling off centerline.
    Thanks,

On a Mori NT with the Mapps 4 control running esprit, Concerning the floating license, is it a complete cam package with all the bells and whistles,

I believe it does, however, the machine has to be networked to the PC. The machine acts like a license dongle. Cant answer the other questions.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesweed View Post
    Okay forgive me I'm a newbie here...
    On a Mori NT with the Mapps 4 control running esprit, Concerning the floating license, is it a complete cam package with all the bells and whistles, such as API interface?

On Esprit in general, does it understand machining off centerline? Does it understand what the cutter path will look like after it mills through off centerline?

Sorry about the lame questions, but I dont have esprit in front of me yet, and am trying to gage esprit's understanding of milling off centerline.
    Thanks,
    1. You would have to contact DP Technology for the most accurate answer regarding your particular license. In my case, I have a "machine-bound" license which came bundled with a Mori NT-1000, and it is a complete and very sophisticated 5-axis CAM program. But, it will work only with the Mori. It does not include post processors for any other kind of CNC. The Mori has to be powered-up to use the license, however, you can borrow the license and the license will work on the specific work station you borrowed it with, without the Mori being powered on until you return the license.

2. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "through off center line" but you can choose left/right/no cutter offset. Does that answer your question?