585,753 active members*
4,188 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

ballscrews for series 1 mill

need to find ballscrews to replace the leadscews on my mill. anyone have any lying about? who makes the best ones out there and the best value(quality and price)

I had mine made custom from rockford ball screw, $800.00 for x and y, plus there yoke. Installed pretty easy.

Try Hiwin, they seem very inexpensive. Like 300 to 400 per screw. They claim to be a supplier to Bridgeport and that's why they are so cheap.
    If you try to make everything idiot proof, someone will just breed a better idiot!

do you still have part numbers for the material? and the yoke?

Go to rockforballscrew.com on the web, all the info up there. They have tons of drawings on hand, and wil make what ever you need. the whole kit was $800.00 plus shipping. Also, I used elrod machines x-y motor brackets, plain out awesome, they come with new bearings and all hard ware.

Just bought Rockford X-Y set with yoke retail $650.00 and the angular dearing set is $105.00 but this is not really an upgrade at least on the later style BPs but bearing headquarters is a distributer and has a slight discount. I think if you can live with a maximum of .002 per foot this is the best deal in town. mach3 has screw mapping for cnc.

Just did an install on a set of rolled screws from Hiwin. I don't have the numbers here with my at the moment but a quick call to them will answer all your questions. Call them and talk to Jason in engineering ( I don't know why, but that's the routine).

I researched and found them to be the best deal in my opinion. Search this site for numerous threads on this topic.

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.