585,919 active members*
4,055 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Looking for some recommendations.....

Looking for some recommendations.....

Hello,

I am in search for a FADAL 15, 3016 or, if the price is right, 4020. This machine is for extreme hobby use, not production, however I am pretty strict in terms of accuracy of my parts; which drastically vary in size and shape. I have been told many times that the FADAL's are great because of the low cost to repair and that they are all over the place for anywhere from $5k to $12k. I would prefer to stay on the lower of that price point but I am not naive and understand that "you get what you pay for". I have not been able to find any FADAL's in this price range.

I want the machine to have a 4th axis option. I am wondering if the FADAL VM 15 on ebay for $12k (located in CA) are worth it?

Are there linear guides on the 15 and 3016 linear rails? Can they be replaced if I buy an old worn out horse?

I don't really care about max speed, just that I can cut the wide range in materials and sizes that I use and house the variety of fixtures I will use.

Any recommendation on where to look or other machine options that fit the bill? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Whizbang

Fadal went thru alot of changes over the years. Stay away from 1993 machines as the brothers created the paper tiger to get G&L to buy the company.