585,712 active members*
4,205 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > 2007 Haas Mini Mill Tool release piston starts making abnormal noise, stutter a bit

2007 Haas Mini Mill Tool release piston starts making abnormal noise, stutter a bit

1. 2007 Haas Mini mill, all the sudden starts making abnormal popping noise upon release/grab the tools in the spindle.
    2. Tools still change fine, just whenever it go through the spindle, making annoying loud air popping sound
    2. Open up the Spindle cover, the tool release piston seems to be slight stuttering
    Please check these video that I made, looking forward to YOUR help or any suggestion. Thank You
    the machine still cutting parts as I posted this thread, got fix this before it gets any more worst

cnczone allow one video per post, please copy and paste following youtube links
    2007 Haas mini mill tool release piston noises #3 video - YouTube
    2007 Haas mini mill tool release piston noises #2 video - YouTube

Thank You

Phillip
    Aug 1, 2013

I would check the little bronze exhaust filters to see if clean, (remove for testing). Sounds to me like one is restricted and making the squeaky noise. Check them all too, for air to get in one side----air has to get out the other side.

The popping sound is the piston hitting the top of the release shaft because the air is not getting to the bottom side properly. During a tool change, air is send to the bottom of the piston first, then bled off as the air is sent to the top of the piston to release the tool. That way the piston does not slam down on the release bar, but goes down in a controlled (read quiet) manner. Yours is not bad at all yet. Can end up sounding like a hammer!

Trace the lines to the solenoid, which I think is on the top of the back. Clean or replace the exhaust filters there too. Hopefully the solenoids are okay.

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Thank You Mike, will do ASAP

Problem found, it is one of the solenoid part went bad. See attachedAttachment 195464

Bad part # 59-2832B
    The internal cone shape rubber seal deteriorated over time.

How did you conclude that that was the bad part ... visual, replaced ?

Pat H

Quote Originally Posted by gangpw924 View Post
    Bad part # 59-2832B
    The internal cone shape rubber seal deteriorated over time.
    I have the same problem with My TM Haas. I Will check the rubber seal. Thanks for sharing the information.

Re: 2007 Haas Mini Mill Tool release piston starts making abnormal noise, stutter a b

Replying to a seven year old thread causes it to be sent, or the site to notify all of those who posted in it. Best just to absorb the info and repair yours.

Thanks----Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28