585,997 active members*
5,055 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hardinge Lathes > Any one familiar with CHNC ll turret?

Any one familiar with CHNC ll turret?

I have not used it since last month and when I fired it up today the turret began acting up. First it just looked like it got stuck and did not line up and fall into place, but with more in depth study it began to over shoot the station by 1/4 and it also spins all the way around instead of just indexing one station. I see in the manual there is a small set screw on the side to adjust, but on inspection of that there is no set screw in the little hole at all? The one on the top is there but the one in the side of the stop piston is not there. Am I reading it wrong and you are supposed to rotate the entire piston? Or is it the missing set screw I need to address. Thanks for any in-sigh you may have.

When that happened to mine it was because it got a bunch of water in the air system. The turret is moved by an air motor, not an electric motor.

I would make sure that you are not getting water in your air and keep working it until it all gets out of the turret system. Try that and get back, as the rest is more difficult to do.

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

That makes sense as I had a separator quit working and let some water through the line. Thanks, I really appreciate it!