585,917 active members*
3,429 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Using CRC in Format 2

Using CRC in Format 2

Hello everybody!
    How can I modify (as a op.) the path of a tool?
    'Cause the resulting holes are not at the wanted dimensions (they are smaller in fact).
    Increasing or decreasing the tool diameter?(with G42 code)
    And one more thing...The final holes diameters have no constant value. The machine setup is wrong?
    Thank you!

if you don't what to use G41 or 42 when your cam system asks for the cutter dia. instead of putting in .25 you could put in .255 or .245 for the value(larger # smaller the hole) I do this a lot if I'm using the same tool for ruffling and finish work it called lying to the software but it works if your hole are not the same you could have other issue most likely in set up or tool I would not blame the machine a this time try a slower feed rate

Thanks Lakeside!
    I tried this way,but it doesn't work! And the diameter value on the x axis is bigger than the diam. on y.

send your file I'll take a look at that first e-mail it to me at
    [email protected]

I'm not at work right now.

if you think that you have an encoder issue bolt a block to the table put a dial indicator in the spindle put a load on the side of the block with the indicator set a zero on the incator and set x on controller go into mdi program G01 x-.1 F.5 see if indicator moved .1 then in mdi G01 x0 f.5 see if indicator is reading zero do the same with Y axis

attach is a file with G42

What you are describing sound more like a mechanical looseness in your drive system or the Loopgain and Balance are out of adjustment. Normally, egg shaped holes are a direct result of a mechanical error.

Neal

Thank you!
    Today I've done several (3) passes over the holes with a min. feed rate. it seems that it worked out.
    Thanks again!

you may want to see if your vise of fixture was lose because if you could do it at a slower feed than you should be able to do it at a higher speed

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside
    you may want to see if your vise of fixture was lose because if you could do it at a slower feed than you should be able to do it at a higher speed
    On a Fadal? how high of a feedrate are we talking about? I can hold a decent 2" bore at about 25ipm .001 total tolerance. Tried it at about 130ipm, no go, though I did manage to make a nice oval.