585,663 active members*
3,000 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > laser with MPC 6525 - laser blocks after pressing the START button

laser with MPC 6525 - laser blocks after pressing the START button

Hello,

This is my first post here and I'm looking for a solution for a WEIKI laser bought with a MPC6525 controller.
    I have recently bought the laser 600 x 400 mm and I'm looking for a solution with a problem that is not yet solved and because of this the laser is not usable.

I was able to work with the laser for some weeks so I think I'm a little bit familiar with the software Lasercut 5.3.

The laser is connected through a USB interface with a pc. I can control every movement and jogging of the laser from software and on the laser panel, but when after downloading the file, I press the "Start" button in the software or on the laser itself, everything blocks. Nothing is possible anymore and the laser blocks completely. None of the buttons on the panel are working. The only thing I can do is restart the laser machine and everything is back to normal, by that I mean that I can jog, fire the laser and so on but cutting or engraving is not possible. Every time I press the start button to start a job the laser blocks.

If you have a suggestion or if you know what is wrong, I would appreciate telling me the solution very much.

Kind regards, Wendy

Did you get any help from Weiki and have you solved the problem? I hear that there is a firmware patch for this.

Wendy,
    ask your sales person to get a file to solve this problem,I am sure we can help

Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by WendyL View Post
    Hello,

This is my first post here and I'm looking for a solution for a WEIKI laser bought with a MPC6525 controller.
    I have recently bought the laser 600 x 400 mm and I'm looking for a solution with a problem that is not yet solved and because of this the laser is not usable.

I was able to work with the laser for some weeks so I think I'm a little bit familiar with the software Lasercut 5.3.

The laser is connected through a USB interface with a pc. I can control every movement and jogging of the laser from software and on the laser panel, but when after downloading the file, I press the "Start" button in the software or on the laser itself, everything blocks. Nothing is possible anymore and the laser blocks completely. None of the buttons on the panel are working. The only thing I can do is restart the laser machine and everything is back to normal, by that I mean that I can jog, fire the laser and so on but cutting or engraving is not possible. Every time I press the start button to start a job the laser blocks.

If you have a suggestion or if you know what is wrong, I would appreciate telling me the solution very much.

Kind regards, Wendy
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Hello Sandgroper

After some mails and a Skype session the technician decided that the controller was broken. I had to sent it back on their DHL account and after 5 days I received a new Leetro controller.
    Everything is working again.

Regards, Wendy