584,866 active members*
5,286 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry Haoyu tb6600 problem

I'm trying to mount a cnc and I have some problems with the driver Haoyu tb6600.
    - Power supply 45V 500W
    - Haoyu tb6600
    - Breakout board cnc4you HG07
    - Stepper motor kl23h286-20-8b
    - PC / Mach3

When I connect the power, the motor is energized and PWR LED on, but when I make to moves the motor (Mach3) then the leds RUN WARN switched on and the motor does not move. And also that happen also without the motor.
    Attachment 195194
    Attachment 195196

Did I connected the wires wrong?
    Did I have fried the chip?

Thanks

Turn the blue rotary switch a few times and see if it fixes it.

If you connected or disconnected the motor with the power on, then you likely killed the driver. Never do that.

The problem is you purchased cheap ****. If you search CNCZone for "Haoyu tb6600" you will find some great analysis from Luc on the serious errors in the design of that driver.
    James hosts the single best wiki page about steppers for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/steppers.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

A lit WARN led is an indication of over current or thermal shutdown.

If I understand correctly, the driver powers up with the PWR led lit, but after stepping
    the WARN led comes on. At power-on in micro-stepping mode one of the phase currents is at max while the
    other is zero, so the motor appears locked but with only one of the phases energized.
    That first step pulse begins to turn on the phase that was initially off. The driver
    for this phase is either shorted to another output or supply pin or is most likely toast.

Unscrew the pcb from the heatsink and check for solder splashes/shorts.
    Most importantly there had better be no cracks in the case (front/top) of the TB6600.

45V is 5V away from the limits of the process technology used to create the TB6600.
    I hope you didn't tweak that orange adjustment pot on the power supply for a little bit of extra Oomph!

I checked the optos and the potentiometer circuit and works correct. I can't find no short circuit on the motherboard or the TB6600.

My hypothesis is that the problem is in the tb6600, because the other part of the circuit is simple and seems to work correct. However I'm surprised that when I switch on the board, the "internal mosfet" seems to work. As explained bobgrant, one phase work and the other no. And they changed.

I will continue testing.

Thanks for the help and sorry for my english!

Try with the adjustment pot fully anti-clockwise, and
    Try testing in full stepping mode -> WARN led might light immediately before any steps are applied

The driver features a reduced current mode, that is, in the absent of steps the current is reduce to 30% of the nominal value.
    Are you setting 2.7A for the motor by measuring or from the silkscreen on the PCB?