585,705 active members*
4,361 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Emergency Stop

Hi everyone.

I have just become owner of a VMC 3016HT -97 with 32MP system and as with an older machines there are unfortunately some issues.

The machine was in production, everything working, until it was shipped 650 km by truck to me.
    When I powered up the machine for the first time I got an A-axis servo fault ( fault 1 servo amplifier fault ). Have you any suggestions on fixing this?

To get moving I disconnected the A-axis and set the SETP parameter to 3-axis, I have since then numerous times got emergency stop that has to be reset by pushing the JOG-button, sometimes 5 or more after one and other.
    When I in the DI menu checked the emergency stops they were all from the A-axis even after I disconnected and changed the parameters.

What to do, do I need to remove the amplifier and the resolver cards as well?

I am very thankful for all help in this matter.

Best Regards
    Fredrik

Hi....
    Easyest way to do is this (but this is rather a Macgyver way) : A axis AMP card has a FAULT wire. If this wire does not have + 20V on it (maybe more) then axis logic card (or CPU) will E-stop the CNC , and tells you that this is the problem. Maybe SETP settings are not relevant here. You shuld try to disconnect the AMP's Power or all logicel wires to it. If no change.... remove logic card aswell.
    I hope i could help. If any more Qs you will find my skype address in my profile.

Akos
    FADAL VMC4020 HT 1995, Z 28" (if true) , 88HS , 10K rmp , 21 TC geneva /rotary/ , VH-65 (A-axis) ,3ph 400V , metric, NO conveyor, No palette. (+alternative DC AMP)

You need an A axis amp plug for the rotary plug or to leave a rotary hooked up or disconnect the plug UNDER the card in slot 14 (IIRC for (A) axis movement)
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

Thanks for the advice.
    Unfortunately I don't have a A-axis blind plug but I will try to get one.
    I removed the logic cables on the amplifier and haven't had any problem since.
    If it comes back I will try to disconnect the A-axis card in slot #14 as well.
    //Fredrik

Quote Originally Posted by carbidecraters View Post
    You need an A axis amp plug for the rotary plug or to leave a rotary hooked up

Agreed
    www.integratedmechanical.ca