585,733 active members*
5,081 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: proto trak lcd upgrade

hi hdokes,

I have played with 'prototrak' equiped lathe ( not sure of model) but only to fix minor connection problems in the control box (if i recall correctly, the pc part slides out one end of the box?)

From your description, it does sound like swi are geneating the video on the 68k board . If so, you may be stuck having to find a MDA compatible lcd (from where , i do not know) or some kind of adapter / converter. From (failing!) memory the frequencies are in the TV region, so there is some hope that one of the cheapo lcds will only need some sync signals adjusting to work.

Bill
    Bill

Hoping someone will see this -- I've been working for weeks to get the AGE 3 to output display to an LCD (existing CRT damaged and output distorted). I've tried multiple PCI VGA cards, multiple LCD monitors, leaving the existing MDA card in & removing it, all to no avail. The system boots normally (at least the buttons beep and respond per usual) but no display gets outputted to the LCD screen (powered through separate wall outlet). Might try finding an old ISA VGA card instead of using the PCI slots, but it seems PCI has worked for others... If anyone has any suggestions, that'd be greatly appreciated!

I recently bought a Liliput monitor, I left a very good impression. That's why I can recommend them.https://lilliput.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Pikaldi View Post
    I recently bought a Liliput monitor, I left a very good impression. That's why I can recommend them.https://lilliput.net/
    It would be very helpful to know which monitor you got from Lilliput? Did you have to modify the connections or was it straight forward?

Thanks

Anybody tried this?

https://www.converters.tv/vga_to_vga...nitor/563.html

Looks like it should be a fairly easy install.

Page 2 of 2 12