585,722 active members*
4,035 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Ray Scott - Rabbit Lasers USA

I wanted to take a moment to recognize the excellent customer service of Ray Scott owner, engineer and sweeper upper at Rabbit USA. He spent an unusual amount of his time in about a dozen emails to help me with Lasercut on a new computer and he finally got me going, and you know the odd thing! I'm not even a customer of his. I have a non rabbit laser and he helped me regardless. As I mentioned I'm not Rays customer, but guess what I will be from now on. So if anyone is on the fence or needs a little guidance, I would strongly advise you to consider Ray as your provider, you will definitely benefit from his experience , knowledge and exemplary customer centric support. Way to go Ray. And again, thanks a million. Neville

Yes I have to agree. I was coming through Dayton and called Rabbit laser and asked if I could see a laser in operation. Ray was leaving to install a unit but his wife Carole said that she would stay late to give me a demo and discuss the options they have. I enjoyed seeing how well their customer service was as when I was there Carole was on the phone a couple of times answering questions from new buyers.

Amazing how much more interest there is in this discussion over on the other forum.
    Dennis

Yes quite surprising. I would have thought the serious laser guys were on here. The machinists certainly are. Now that I've gotten a faster computer to run the laser, I'm seeing how terrible Lasercut 5.3 is, maybe I'm not so happy with Ray

Don't let lasercut get you down. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot I hate about that program, but I have been able to get it to do anything I needed doing, so I can't complain. The best advice I give you is to learn it's nuances, and work around them.

Also, get a copy of Corel Draw 4 and follow the instructions on Ray's website on how to install the plugin. Then you don't have to deal with lasercut's stupid interface as much.

Wade

Hurricane21 Guest
    Dub,

While lasercut can be tedious it can also do many things other products can't and is very flexible. With that said we did recognize the shortcomings of Chinese software and after 18 months of engineering and testing CADLink the makers of EngraveLab for over 20 years now have their Engravelab software available exclusively thru Hurricane Lasers that will work with Leetro 6515 controllers. Software - Products

Let us know if this might be an option for you.

John

I have to respect Ray because of his excellent customer service, not only focus in the sales but also in nice mentality to help.
    Improvement should be in both the products and service.
    Focus in Laser Marking/Engraving, Laser Cutting, Laser Welding devices.
    [email protected]

John Kaspar and Ray Scott are two of the good guys in this industry. There's a lot of scumbags around but these two guys are examples of how companies should be run.

cheers

Dave

Hello to all,

I am currently at an airport...waiting for an airplane. I thought I would take some time to just tour around cnczone... To answer some questions for random people. I do appreciate bumping into this thread...COOL

If anyone ever wants to see an example of a well stocked laser company... Just stop by our warehouse/offices. Making an appointment would be appreciated.

LaserCut is coming out with a demo version.
    LaserCut is coming out with a version to do 3D engraving...

I agree, ..
    LaserCut is NOT a great design level software.. A proper development software is more kin to AutoCAD, Corel, Illustrator..Etc. LaserCut is the interface between them. ...and it is getting better.

John... I am going to check into that EngraveLab thing... Maybe that is the project we started with them ...like 4 years ago. I felt the price was too expensive then.

Ray Scott
    Owner / Engineer
    Rabbit Laser USA

Hey Ray,

When are you back in the office? I need a few more nozzles for the HX1290 again got some R&D to do and nobody UK side stocks them.

cheers

Dave

Dave,

Send me a private email with the qty that you need. We have a few styles in stock, so please indicate the tube diameter and lens size.

Ray Scott

Looking forward to a new Lasercut update. Thanks for the news.
    Dennis

Hi Ray,i am so glad to meet you here,we talked on SKYPE,it is Susu.do you remember me ?

i have sent you email after that,but no reply from you.that is email is about metal and nonmetal laser cutting machine. do you remember that ?

best regards

Susu

Quote Originally Posted by rayscott View Post
    Hello to all,

I am currently at an airport...waiting for an airplane. I thought I would take some time to just tour around cnczone... To answer some questions for random people. I do appreciate bumping into this thread...COOL

If anyone ever wants to see an example of a well stocked laser company... Just stop by our warehouse/offices. Making an appointment would be appreciated.

LaserCut is coming out with a demo version.
    LaserCut is coming out with a version to do 3D engraving...

I agree, ..
    LaserCut is NOT a great design level software.. A proper development software is more kin to AutoCAD, Corel, Illustrator..Etc. LaserCut is the interface between them. ...and it is getting better.

John... I am going to check into that EngraveLab thing... Maybe that is the project we started with them ...like 4 years ago. I felt the price was too expensive then.

Ray Scott
    Owner / Engineer
    Rabbit Laser USA