584,812 active members*
5,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > OpenSource CNC Design Center > OpenSource Software > G-Code Ripper - Scale, Rotate and Split G-code
Page 5 of 6 3456
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainVee View Post
    I thought to give gcode ripper a try but I get this error:

ERROR EXP-3: Unable to evaluate expression: [/2]

For all the versions listed on your website.
    In this case on a virtual machine with ubuntu 12.04 as well as on my main machine, budgie 18.04

Is that a bug or am I doing something wrong?

It might be a problem with the g-code. Without seeing the input g-code file I can't tell.
    Scorch
    www.scorchworks.com

Quote Originally Posted by scorch View Post
    It might be a problem with the g-code. Without seeing the input g-code file I can't tell.
    This was before opening any gcode, just opening the .py file of gcoderipper.
    Sven
    http://www.puresven.com/?q=building-cnc-router

Re: G-Code Ripper - Scale, Rotate and Split G-code

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainVee View Post
    This was before opening any gcode, just opening the .py file of gcoderipper.
    When you open G-Code Ripper it tries to open the file that was open when the settings were saved.

Option 1: Ignore the error and just open another valid g-code file. (G-Code Ripper does not work with g-code files for 3D printing.)

Option 2: Open another valid g-code file and re-save the settings using the button in the General Settings window. (This should eliminate the error when you open the program next time.)

Option 3: You can delete the settings file by deleting the "g-code-ripper_config.ngc" and ".gcoderipperrc" files in your home directory if they exist.
    Scorch
    www.scorchworks.com

Hello !
    Thank you for sharing the Genius probing software.
    Please, let me know how I can probe round items. After uploading the g-code, the probing points come out behind the outline of the obtuse material of the preparation.

I don't understand what the issue is...

Quote Originally Posted by qulet View Post
    Hello !
    Please, let me know how I can probe round items. After uploading the g-code, the probing points come out behind the outline of the obtuse material of the preparation.
    Scorch
    www.scorchworks.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MATERIA? D=246.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	141.2 KB 
ID:	419446

Jak wygenerowa? plik auto probe dla materia? który jest ju? wyci?ty na gotowo ?rednica D=246 ?
    Na nim ma by? grawer V-carve D=240.
    Plik Autoprobe jest generowany zawsze w kszta?cie prostok?ta lub kwadratu. Ten kszta?t mo?e by? zachowany , ale ma si? zmie?ci? w obrysie D=246....
    Pozdrawiam !

How do you generate an auto probe file for a material that is already cut to a ready diameter of D = 246?
    On it is supposed to be a V-carve engraving D = 240.
    The Autoprobe file is always generated in the shape of a rectangle or square. This shape can be preserved, but it is to fit in the contour of D = 246 ....
    Greetings !

Supplementary question:
    Is it possible to generate a autoprobe file for a simplified g-code, eg a 160x160x5 pocket, and insert the X, Y, Z values of the MACH3 point values into the g-code v-carve from the attached image?
    |
    How should the probing process be carried out for round materials where engraving covers the entire surface with a small margin?
    Sorry for my Google English

Pytanie uzupelniajace:
    Czy mozna wygenerowac plik autoprobe dla uproszczonego g-codu np. kieszn 160x160x5, i zapisane przez mach 3 wartosci pkt X,Y,Z wstawic do g-code v-carve z zalaczonego obrazka ?

Jak ma przebiega? proces sondowania dla okr?g?ych materia?ów gdzie grawerowanie pokrywa ca?? powierzchnie z niewielkim marginesem ?

Hello Scorch !
    Is the problem of judging the round objects engraved with the engraving 99% of the area described comprehendably?
    How to conduct such judgments?

The algorithm that G-Code Ripper uses to map between the probe points requires that the probe points are in a rectangular grid. For cases like this you can set something outside of the object you are probing that is at the same height so you can fake in the probe data or manually edit the probe data outside of the object so that all of the measurements outside the circle match the last probe point in the circle.
    Scorch
    www.scorchworks.com

Attachment 421966

I return to the question of what should be done to make probing boxes be inscribed in the garden (Limits of G-CODE) and not described on the borders?????

Quote Originally Posted by qulet View Post
    Attachment 421966

I return to the question of what should be done to make probing boxes be inscribed in the garden (Limits of G-CODE) and not described on the borders?????
    For the design you have shown you can do the following:
    1. Set "Scale XY" to 70% in G-Code Ripper
    2. Write the probe file by clicking the "Save G-Code File - Probe Only
    3. Run the probe Only file on the CNC machine to generate the probe data file.
    4. Set the "Scale XY" to 100% in G-Code Ripper
    5. Read the probe data file into G-Code Ripper by clicking the "Read Probe Data File" button and selecting the file you created in step 3.
    6. Export the adjusted file using the "Save G-Code File - Adjusted" button

For an irregular shaped design (something that is not a circle with the origin at the center) changing the scale won't do what you want. So you would leave the scale at 100%. Then you would need to edit the probe only g-code file manually to remove the points you don't want.

Scorch
    Scorch
    www.scorchworks.com

I would just like to thank Scorch for making this program and the excellent F-engrave and sharing them with us.

Quote Originally Posted by routalot View Post
    I would just like to thank Scorch for making this program and the excellent F-engrave and sharing them with us.
    Thanks
    Scorch
    www.scorchworks.com

SCORCH
    Thank you very much for the detailed description of the solution to the problem. I wish you health and success !!!!
    * greetings

Dear all,

when I use the autoprobe function, I get the same coordinates for every probed point. The data in txt file is shown below

1785.34463,1337.28343,-98.75000

do you know which may be the problem? thanks in advance

I found the solution!!! problem solved

My plugin (RnRMotion.dll) was not the latest (chineseUSB board bitsensor)

downloaded it here:

https://buildyourcnc.com/item/electr...ach3-USB-Board

Hi all!

I try to use Auto Probe G-Code Ripper with my Mach3 R3.043.066 and gcodes from ArtCAM 2011 Pro an MM units.

The problem:

(The same for Only Probe as Probe and Cut)
    The probing part starts and tool goes up for "Probe Z Safe" value, then whitout probing just go from point to point with feedrate from ArtCAM, not Ripper or Mach3 (I tried all to find out which one).
    So there is no probing at all.

Rest of gcode works fine despite of missing probing results.

Here are quick videos:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/JUig6PBjMgjcgVsu8

Maybe someone have an idea what could be wrong? I try to work it out for two days.
    Please help.

// Thank you Scorch for this amazing program <3
    Last edited by xHakka; 01-03-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Does this software work with windows 10, 64 bit? I can't even open it, asks what app I want to use to open it.

Try Mach3 R3.043.062.

Seems I recall some folks were having issues with the probing routine in Mach3 R3.043.066

Quote Originally Posted by liefer View Post
    Does this software work with windows 10, 64 bit? I can't even open it, asks what app I want to use to open it.
    I'll check it out on my Win10-64 tomorrow evening and post back here unless someone else does first.

Quote Originally Posted by liefer View Post
    Yes, it works with Win 10, 64bit.

1. Download the file that ends in "_win.zip" (i.e. G-Code_Ripper-0.17_win.zip)

2. Unzip the file. (right click on it and choose unzip or similar option.)

3. Double click on the executable file in the folder that was unzipped (the executable file is called g-code_ripper-017.exe where 017 is the version number).

Then it will run.
    Scorch
    www.scorchworks.com

Ok, I've solved my problem. It was my BOB's fault. I've changed it for RnRMotion and it works well on Mach3 R3.043.066 and .022 (that I'm working actually).

My next problem is Z-offset.

If I do Probe_n_cut mode it works fine (it summs up the safe Z for every trajectory move from ArtCam and "Probe Safe Z").
    But if I use Probe_only mode the adjusted file has Z-offset summed with my probe offset abd safe z value.
    My probe is about 90mm lower than the tool.

Effect:
    Every time the tool plunges to carve it starts from 95mm (90 probe offset+5 safe z).

Probe file I used were from Probe only and Probe and cut modes and the effect is the same.

Can I change it to not add probe offset to normal safe z trajectory?

Page 5 of 6 3456