584,829 active members*
5,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > TT1800SY - TURRET INDEXING ISSUES

TT1800SY - TURRET INDEXING ISSUES

I have an issue with my turrets not "pinning" once they index. My mechanic has found that the dog pin is not returning to it's closed position after the turret indexes. The problem was intermittent at first, but now the pin sticks in the out position nearly every index.

I have ordered new dog pins and springs for both the upper and lower turrets, I just don't know for sure how to properly remove the pins. It looks by the parts diagram that they should just pull out, but I would like to ask you all if you knew that this is the case or not. My luck, there will be some sort of retainer that you have to take off the entire turret to get to. Let me know if you know.....

Also, the Doosan tech that came out to diagnose this problem the first time it happened said that this just happened sometimes and there wasn't anything he knew of to fix it other than physically pushing the pin back to its pinned position each time it "sticks"....

Have any of you heard of this being a reoccurring problem, and if so, what can be done to prevent it from happening in the future? It happens on both the lower and the upper, upper more than the lower, but we are planning to replace the dog pins and springs on both turrets.

Thanks in advance,
    Josh

New dog pins and springs installed today, with ample grease. Turrets index as they should. Big thanks to Doosan for stocking the parts, not overcharging me for said parts, and providing me with access to their knowledgable staff who talked me through the repair. Back to work.

Thanks Doosan.

Josh

Re: TT1800SY - TURRET INDEXING ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by MMSERV View Post
    New dog pins and springs installed today, with ample grease. Turrets index as they should. Big thanks to Doosan for stocking the parts, not overcharging me for said parts, and providing me with access to their knowledgable staff who talked me through the repair. Back to work.

Thanks Doosan.

Josh

hello i have the same problem.
    how did you diassembly the dog pins?
    thank U

Re: TT1800SY - TURRET INDEXING ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by babajilali View Post
    hello i have the same problem.
    how did you diassembly the dog pins?
    thank U
    Is it on a TT1800?
    Doosan Service Technician