584,854 active members*
4,193 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Concrete Stamp....

Hi All,

Need a little guidance on making a concrete stamp out of aluminium. I was planning on using 6061 material 12mm thick. The stamp template will be 2-3mm deep with straight edged. I was looking at a small end mill around 2mm CED to do the whole job and do around 6-7 passes. Can anyone suggest the best tool to use as well as the speed and feed to start on....?

I am running the job on a K6100A Quick CNC 2.2 kW using VCarve Pro.

Regards, Steve

Concrete and aluminum don't mix. You might want to look into the idea of using Aluminum if you expect to keep the stamp around long.

Wow...I have no idea what you are trying to say, but you certainly didn't pull it off.

Concrete corrodes aluminum quickly. If this is a one-shot deal - if you just want to stamp a certain patch of concrete and then be done with it - then sure, go ahead and make your stamp out of aluminum. But if you want something that's going to last, that's going to be good for multiple jobs over a period of years, then look into using another material. Some kind of plastic - ABS, acetal, polycarbonate - would probably work fine. I think that's what Wizard was trying to tell you.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

I have seen commercial rubber and plastic ones for making stone textures or tile shapes. Aluminum does oxidize very quickly when in contact with steel, so I know it can happen fast with other corrosive stuff.
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    Concrete corrodes aluminum quickly. If this is a one-shot deal - if you just want to stamp a certain patch of concrete and then be done with it - then sure, go ahead and make your stamp out of aluminum. But if you want something that's going to last, that's going to be good for multiple jobs over a period of years, then look into using another material. Some kind of plastic - ABS, acetal, polycarbonate - would probably work fine. I think that's what Wizard was trying to tell you.

Andrew Werby
    ComputerSculpture.com ? Home Page for Discount Hardware & Software
    In a nut shell this is exactly what I was saying, aluminum band concrete really don't mix well. It would certainly work for a one off project or maybe even limited production.