584,814 active members*
5,169 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Suggestions on Glue

I have no clue where to post this but out of all the forums and places this is the best i can think of so if it in the wrong spot i am sorry...

I am looking for a interesting type of glue. I am going to be temporarily gluing glass to a thin piece of aluminum. I need the glue to dry somewhat fast (3-5 min at the most), has to be resistant to some heat (about 100deg C) and i need to be able to remove the glass later (whether with a debonder or more heat that 100deg C...)

What am i doing... right

I am using it to remove the glass from iPhones and the problem is you get some that are so cracked that i cannot mount that on the machine to remove the glass. So i want to glue it to a thin piece of aluminum so i can mount it in the machine (anchor with the aluminum) remove the glass from the screen and then later remove the glass from the aluminum?

Thanks
    Mike

Probably less work and cost to just have a sheet metal shop punch out a couple hundred or whatever and just throw them out with the broken glass. I have yet to find a quick debonder for any of the quick setting epoxies or CA's. You might try a sample of 5 minute epoxy and dump in a tray of water, since 5 minute is not water proof. Still think the clean up would take more man time than it's worth.
    In fact, why use aluminum? Sheet steel may be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    You might try a sample of 5 minute epoxy and dump in a tray of water, since 5 minute is not water proof. Still think the clean up would take more man time than it's worth.
    Ok thanks i have some 5min i can try that

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    In fact, why use aluminum? Sheet steel may be cheaper.
    The only reason i chose aluminum is because the aluminum would be placed on a heating plate and aluminum transfers heat better.. no?... then again sheet steal probably will transfer good enough....