584,833 active members*
5,770 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Genicom Stepper Motors

Hello all,

First let me warn you. I am new to the CNC world and am still in the discovery phase.

I parted out Three large Genicom printers. These both had 2 fairly good size stepper motors in them. One of which was labeled well but the other with just a manufacturer and part number.

This motor is a Kollmorgen PJT80A2-24A, now through searching the forums I found a datasheet that has a PJ80 (A1 and B1) secifications on it. Is this the motor I have and can I use this data? If not, does anyone have the specs for this motor?

Warm Regards,

Joe Hildreth

:cheers:

I have 15 of these. Did you find out anything on them?

I used a PJA2 specs for them. Do you need a copy?

Joe

Joe,

Please. Do they work well for you? May I ask what you use them for?

James

I used three of these motors on my original JGRO router build. I used the spec sheet from the PJT80A2 because that was the closest thing I could fing. That seemed to work fine. Using 3/8-16 threaded rod with antibacklash nut made from the plastic cutting board material and lovejoy couplers, I could get about 30ipm from them using half stepping. The driver was a HobbyCNC 4AUPC controller. Started with TurboCNC I think and now use LinuxCNC. Let me look for the spec Sheets and I will attach them. I think they are on my home computer but may have a copy on my work computer.

Joe

They must be on my machine at home. A search isn't bringing me anything up on the net either. I have set an alarm on my phone to remind me to get them and attach from home tonight.

Joe

I had to look a while, but I found the spec sheet for the PJ80 genecom (kollmorgan) motors. I hope you find them helpful.

Joe
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks. Greatly appreciate. I will let you know how I make out.

James,

You are welcome. If there is anything else I can help with, let me know.

Joe