585,752 active members*
3,899 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Employment Opportunity / RFQ (Request for Quote). > Employment Opportunity > Looking for someone to make prototype molds (model car size) regularly

Looking for someone to make prototype molds (model car size) regularly

I'm looking for someone to whom I can send a part (for example, a model truck shell) and they can scan it and machine me a duplicate in various %'s larger as needed. I had a long standing arrangement with a machine shop until it was recently sold, and my contact no longer works there. I'm hoping to find someone to work with moving forward; I would even consider buying a Taig and other items as necessary if I found someone reasonably local that was exceptionally skilled or motivated.

The parts range from various simple parts to RC shell molds. Because of their size, most projects (if not all) could be done on Taig CNC mill, with the extra axis attachment.

I am located in Stamford CT, just north of NYC, and interested to work with someone in southern CT or the NYC area if possible, but would consider longer distances and by mail if necessary.

Thanks!

I'm not in your area, but I'd be happy to sell you a Taig mill and a 3D scanner, if that's the way you want to go. It's not really that hard to run the mill, if you get good scans and have the right software (which we can also provide).

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com