585,683 active members*
5,095 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Roughing and finishing not working plus "limit switch triggered" in Mach 3

Question Roughing and finishing not working plus "limit switch triggered" in Mach 3

I have a simple band designed in Rhino to be cut in a Taig Mill w/rot axis. I created the g-code in Desk Proto 5 following all the steps shown in the tutorial videos. In roughing the machine stops and "limit switch triggered" appears in Mach 3, I get it over with "Run from Here" which should not be that way. I believe is something with the Z movement in rapid. The Motor Home / Soft Limits in Z are Soft Max 3.00 and Soft Min -1.00.

When finishing I set the new Z zero on top of the material and the machine starts to cut by going deep in the material so it falls.

The other thing is that I have to "make top of part zero" in order to get the machine down in the material, other wise will be running in the air.

Please, help me to solve this problem that have me very frustrated.

Currently we are working on this problem via a direct email contact. This is about the DeskProto settings, as I cannot say much about the Taig limit switches.
    When we have found what went wrong I will update the forum.
    In general for a novice user: in order to machine a ring from a Wax tube you can best use the wizard "4-axis Wax Ring".
    In DeskProto V5 you can find this wizard via File > Start Wizard > Script Wizard > 4-axis Wax Ring
    In DeskProto V6 you can find it via File > Start Custom wizard > 4-axis Wax Ring.

If you've got a DSLS 3000 Taig/Microproto mill, then that "limit switch" error means you're pushing too hard. This is a safety feature that keeps the mill from damaging your work when it senses too much resistance to motion (it uses Mach3's limit switch function to do this - the Taig doesn't actually have any limit switches). Take a look at your mill's mechanics first to see if something's binding up. If you're pushing too hard on the material you can change your program to slow it down; otherwise it's likely due to your velocity/acceleration settings. If you think that's the problem, go into motor tuning and reduce them until the problem goes away.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

That is a solution I would never have imagined, so thanks for your help Andrew !
    It is rather weird as well, something that Taig certainly needs to improve.
    Like a car telling your that the breaks malfunction when in fact it ran out of fuel....
    Jwlry, when you have your machine running correctly then please let us know via this forum :-)