I have been diligently trying to get my modbus tcp to talk between mach3 to my Emerson Sk commander drive. I called and talked to a tech about this drive and he sent me a file and told me to use it, but he was not familiar with Mach3 but thought it most likely would work. I set up the drives parameters and ip address and can communicate to the web url with the drive. I can see al the parameters and know its working via IP. I then went to Mach3 and tried setting up the Modbus tcp screen. I inputted te information the way I thought it needed to be. I opened connection and it was successful. When I go to test starting address I kinda get confused.

Heres the email the tech sent me.
With Modbus TCP/IP one simply writes to Parameter #6.42 (as #40642) and #1.21 (as #40121) for control via an Ethernet link.

This is a paragraph out of application I found online using a sk commander.

These are the parameters that said to be used for controlling the drive from the network.

The four parameters that we want to include in the configuration are:
Parameter Name
Data Direction Register Length Modbus Command Communicator Internal Address
Control Word
Write 40642 1 Word(s) [16] Preset Multiple Registers 0x0200
Preset Speed #1
Write 40121 1 Word(s) [16] Preset Multiple Registers 0x0202
Status Word
Read 41040 1 Word(s) [03] Read Holding Registers 0x0000
Output Speed
Read 40501 1 Word(s) [03] Read Holding Registers 0x0002
Control Word Enable
Write 40114 1 Word(s) [16] Preset Multiple Registers 0x0204
Reference Selector
Write 40643 1 Word(s) [16] Preset Multiple Registers 0x0206

So I setup my TCP screen. I attached that to.

I have watched the videos on brains, modbus etc. But still need help If anyone can shine light on this. I would be greatly appreciated.

I am wanting to start and stop spindle, and adjust RPM's.

I found something in the Advanced manual of the CT drive. Pg. 16-23.

CT Parameter MODBUS PLC Register Register Address (Protocol Level)
X.Y 40000+X*100+Y X*100+Y-1
Examples
Pr 1.02 40102 101
Pr 1.00 40100 99
pr 0.01 40001 0
__________________________________________________ ____________________________
Does this mean that I would put parameter 40642 or 641 which is my control word (Read/Write) as my starting address in the test dialog box?

Then I would be sending the control word there. I would assume that since the bit to word is broken I would need to convert to Hex or decimal for the Brains?

Then in the brains I would need?
SPINDLE ON->No operation->Formula ( the control word converted to hex or decimal)->then terminated as MOD:O?

Im trying, wow this is something for me. I think I getting closer but still seems as if the light bulb in my brain is not hooked up. LOL!

Thanks Brooks