585,715 active members*
3,961 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Nowforever settings

Does anyone have working settings for a Nowforever E100 Inverter it on a Patriot 2012 cnc. I changed the settings and like a fool did not note the original ones
    any help would be appreciated

Bob D

Quote Originally Posted by slowhand197 View Post
    Does anyone have working settings for a Nowforever E100 Inverter it on a Patriot 2012 cnc. I changed the settings and like a fool did not note the original ones
    any help would be appreciated

Bob D
    If you look in the manual (if you have one) they have the recommended default settings. It's a big table right after how to unlock the VFD for Mach3 control.

If you go to P1-001 and set it to 1 it will re-set the VFD back to the factory defaults.

Thanks but whenever I hook up the wires to control the spindle the display goes blank so I have some kind of wiring problem. On the nowforever control there is a ground wire missing but I am not sure if its earth ground or what
    Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

If you bought the unit direct from Shopmaster they should have given you a CD with it that has the complete Nowforever manual in it. It's really long and very detailed as to all the different ways it can be set up. If you don't have it just send JT a email and have him send you the .pdf for it.

I have the manual. The unit is bad I had to send it back for repair.

Well Gecko said there is nothing wrong with the 540. All works as it should except for running the spindle from mach3. I am about ready to just give up and use the spindle manually

???? Aren't you talking about 2 different things? your problem was with the Nowforever settings, but you say you sent your Gecko drive back for repair.

Quote Originally Posted by instructor37 View Post
    ???? Aren't you talking about 2 different things? your problem was with the Nowforever settings, but you say you sent your Gecko drive back for repair.
    The only thing I know for sure is the dam spindle does not operate from mach3. I sent the Gecko back because thats what shoptask thought was wrong. The nowforever setting are correct now but there is no output voltage for the spindle. I have no clue why and I guess shoptask doesn't either

I can see you are frustrated, but if you want help on this forum, you need to lay out your specific issues in detail because people here are not mind readers.

Thanks I need to take a break I know I am going in too many directions as soon as I settle down and come up with the right questions ill be back thanks again

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

The break helped I had the wires reversed on the vfd thanks to everyone that responded and John from Shoptask for putting up with the newbe
    :banana: