585,761 active members*
3,989 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > New vertical mill, Saimp made in italy anybody know anything about them?

New vertical mill, Saimp made in italy anybody know anything about them?

I just purchased a new vertical mill its a Saimp Italian made machine. Looks to be 1960's vintage has nt 50 taper, power feeds all axis's. I believe the knee also has a power feed but its not working at the moment. I bought it for its size its a monster super ridgid with a 5 hp spindle. Its setup similar to an old Kearney and trekkar that I have spent a little time around. THe motor sits horizontally just above the base then 4 belts transfer power through a series of gears and a clutch. Im looking for tool holders for it and am not sure about the nt 50 taper. Ive read that nt is the same as nmtb 50 is this true? Anybody with any information about this machine would be a big help.

It will be INT50 taper which to you is the same as NMTB50 taper.There is a small chance that the drawbar thread may be different as INT uses 1" BSW and NMTB may use 1" UNC.
    However you can also use CAT50 and BT50 If you make up another drawbar or two to compensate for the different length it needs to be.
    Guess what I'm trying to say is you can use any 50 taper holder in that machine.