584,817 active members*
5,140 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation PMC problem with Fanuc 18i TB

Hello,

I have a CNC machine with Fanuc 18i controller and someone made a mistake and delete the PMC ladder
    now the Emergency Stop is always activated and the MDI mode (can't change it)
    I have the -EMG- alarm

I don't have a copy of the ladder program (PMC-SB.000)

But i have another machine that has the same controller but the machine type is difference
    Can i make a backup from this machine and restore it to the first machine which has the problem ??
    cuz i tested this method and i can run the PMC manually but the E-Stop still activated and the Machine is not work .. when restarting the machine all PMC ladder deleted again !!

In the PMC i have this alarms:
    ER22 Program Nothing
    ER97 IO LINK FAILURE (CH1 00Group)

ER22 Program Nothing tells me that you are correct, your ladder has been deleted. You need the original ladder that the machine was built with. The machine manufacture will have to provide you with a new one. If that is not possible then someone with ladder knowledge will have to rewrite the ladder for you. Where are you located? As for loading the other ladder, it will not stay in memory after power down if you do not write it to FLASH after loading it in. This is done on the PMC I/O screen where you loaded your other ladder. If you post all the details of the machine that this is on someone on this form may have one like it whom can send you the ladder that you need. Hope this helps.

if you tell all information about that machine (brand, model, some spec. magazine type rpm, etc) , perhaps someone has same brand and model so may be it will more helprful for you

Yes, please dont ever put a PMC ladder from one machine into different machine, you could have an accident or damage the machine.

You must get a copy for your machine type and option settings, are you sure there isn't a backup anywhere, maybe on a CE card ?

thx guys i got a ladder back up for this type and everything is OK now The problem is that i must write the ladder program to the ROM as drdos said

But i have one problem the turret isn't rotate and i can't change any tool however i didn't modify the PMC parameters or the CNC parameters ?!!

Also i got this alarms:

NO. 2001 INDEX NO READY (A2.1)
    NO. 2017 TURRET NO.1 SEARCH (A4.1)

Hi Ahmed

You haven't told it is VMC or Turning Center.
    If it is VMC there is TooL Data in PMC Parameters...
    From where you took ladder backup, take PMC parameters backup from the same machine and your machine magazine shall be running fine..
    PMC data contains Timers, counters, Keep Relays and Data Register Data of your machine.
    Data Registers contain the tool pocket information, i.e. which tool is in which pocket
    and same is for turning center also,
    In turining center you have to tell machine which type of turret is there in machine, 8,10 or 12 tool turret.

If you have another same machine take PMC parmaters backup on CF card and load data in your machine, it will run okay.

Thanks ijautomation

The macine is turnning machine with 2 axis only
    I have the pmc parameter and I restoried it but it doesnot fix the problem
    I will try again tomorrow and check the registers

The same problem until now
    I checked the Data Registers, Counters and Timers .. all values seems to be correct

What is the correct way to restore the PMC Parameters ? I have it on the FC-Card and I enter the
    PMC -> I/O
    Device : Memory Card
    FUNCTION : Read
    EXEC
    Then i restart the machine

The turret make clamp and un-clamp but it doesn't rotate to change the tool
    I can't indexing it cuz the Tool Change button is not active
    I think the problem is in one of the keep relay but i don't now it

Your method is correct....
    But if you are loading PMC parameters, then keep relay data is included in it.
    You should now check your machine ladder.
    Just check your turret index push button input and search the same in ladder, from there you can find what the problem is?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

And check Keep Relays manually from okay machine to this machine. Write them on a paper.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I checked everything and I manually adjust the turret to be on tool 1 position (by hand)
    After turret clamp it gives me alarm no.2018 Turret Run Alarm (A4.2)

I searched for any battery in the control board but I didn't find it !!

thx guys the problem was in the PMM Parameters