585,894 active members*
4,584 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Im ordering a 1325 CNC to made doors (In Africa)

Im ordering a 1325 CNC to made doors (In Africa)

Hi all,
    Im a 100% NEWBEE in CNC.

Im a retired Telecoms Engineer from the UK, and just to pass the time and enjoy a hobby !! I am buying a 1325 CNC machine to "play around " with.
    I can easily make all the electronics and understand them, BUT CNC carving is LATIN for me !
    I would like to engrave DOORS (double sided engravure) {Sorry I passed 38 years in France and mix up English and French}

The wood here in African RED wood which is fairly hard, i can get it in 4cm 5cm and 6cm thick.
    I think a V bit will be able to grave some nice paterns , BUT how DEEP shoud i go ??? I think a main front door to be secure should have some wood left on it to resist agressions... And If i grave each side on lets say a 4cm door how much thickness will be left ????
    The doors will be made up with 5-7 planks in red wood, glued together and around 2.8mt long. Surfaced, then carved .. so What thickness should the wood be to have a good looking carving each side AND leave some wood on there .....

Could someone help me with this question..
    Thank all
    DAVID

Re: Im ordering a 1325 CNC to made doors (In Africa)

Quote Originally Posted by netchip View Post
    Hi all,
    Im a 100% NEWBEE in CNC.

Im a retired Telecoms Engineer from the UK, and just to pass the time and enjoy a hobby !! I am buying a 1325 CNC machine to "play around " with.
    I can easily make all the electronics and understand them, BUT CNC carving is LATIN for me !
    I would like to engrave DOORS (double sided engravure) {Sorry I passed 38 years in France and mix up English and French}

The wood here in African RED wood which is fairly hard, i can get it in 4cm 5cm and 6cm thick.
    I think a V bit will be able to grave some nice paterns , BUT how DEEP shoud i go ??? I think a main front door to be secure should have some wood left on it to resist agressions... And If i grave each side on lets say a 4cm door how much thickness will be left ????
    The doors will be made up with 5-7 planks in red wood, glued together and around 2.8mt long. Surfaced, then carved .. so What thickness should the wood be to have a good looking carving each side AND leave some wood on there .....

Could someone help me with this question..
    Thank all
    DAVID
    You are posting in a totally wrong discussion group. This group is *specific* to the Tormach metal cutting milling machines, which you apparently do not have (there is no Tormach 1325, let alone made for woodworking).