I started a new engine project about 600 shop hours ago. Here is a link to a build thread that I doing for it.

Another Radial - this time 18 Cylinders - Home Model Engine Machinist

You might be particularly interested in the rear cover that I machined for it. You can scroll through the build to find it. It was probably the most complicated single part I ever made on my Tormach. I designed it in Solidworks and used Sprutcam to generate the tool paths. It has a number of complex fillets and splined surfaces and with the final scallop height set to .00015", I have to admit it taxed my software, my computer, and pretty much my ability to get the cutting simulation to run. It used so much memory, that evidently Sprutcam doesn't de-allocate, that I could only get one or two trial simulations to run before I had to quit and restart the application. The compile time was about 30 minutes on my 2.4 gHz 2 gbyte P4 (ok, I know it's an old machine), The cutting time on the machine was some 3 hours. It was my first use of the Tormach profiling cutter that worked amazingly well although I did have to modify it some so it wouldn't rub the finished part. Some light hand buffing with a Scotchbrite pad finished the whole outer surface to a mirror sheen. - Terry