584,800 active members*
4,344 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

NCstudio 4.XXX and 5.XXX

last year I purchased a Chinese router with ncstudio.
    my first impress with ncstudio and failed installation trials made me I might shift to mach3

I got eventually help and installed ncstudio and today im glad I using it..
    in this topic I would like ot give I collected within a year about this control..

first off

the version 4.XXX and version 5.XXX is not fully weihong, tough it is weihong design..
    the version 8.XXX owners can get serious help from weihong, or naiky..

================================================== ==========
    why is ncstudio interesting?

type into google pci controlcard, or pci control..
    youll find this type control start from 1000 dollar at least.. so if you can buy a similar for 50 dollar, then I think it worth to take a look what is it...

http://kediao.en.alibaba.com/product...c_machine.html

let start at installation

most important, DO NOT PUT CARD into computer BEFORE installing ncstudio..

within you install program it will put a *.sys named driver into windows/system32 folder

after installing ncstudio, TURN OFF computer

install physically the card, and turn on computer..

now windows found new hardware, and recommend automatic install.. do not accept,
    look for the folder ncstudio installed, likely program/files/weihong/ncstudio 5.56

then windows will find the proper driver install it and ready

next steps

now

ncstudio run and next is calibration..

you will seeing tabs somewhere left as,,,, Trace Log Manager Parameter I/O state

first click I/o state

simplified, if you seeing gren colored title and marked differently as "N" then right click on the title like X axis together with shift-ctrl-alt keys pressed and hold...
    a little menu will coming up and you set state reverse
    program will notify you after restart ncstudio state will be valid

after all title , calibration, xaxis,yaxis,zaxis, spindle 1-2-3 set to right state you restart ncstudio

================================================== ===========================

next step to setting steps properly
    I show here only for ballscrews... because for gears too many different and those machines likely coming with dsp handheld control.

there are two settings known

very generally, for nema 34 motors 10 mm leadscrews
    for nema 23 motors 5 mm leadscrews

so you need to set for 5 mm lead 0.003125 value
    or for 10 mm lead 0.00625 value

(if you have gears, rack n pinion, the they are different settings)

================================================== ====================

in same place you can set yet,

start-end mechanical cordinatas.. its your workenvelope or max movement on router on all axis.. set proper values

================================================== ==========

start up federate... this is when machine axis from steady state will start..

you can set it to zero... that will work for everything..

for ""3dcuts"" I meaning reliefs where you have million small segments unorganized, then you can set startup federate for a small value likely 40-50 mm

be careful set this to higher value because that's mean motor has no time to accelerating and it will lead lost steps..

set Z axis max speed it is experimental and you find the proper value..
    mine is set to 3000 mm per min

linear acceleration... this is likely when vector start and router need to run up, or ramp speed up..
    150-200 a good value
    later you can make experiments and set higher or lower

connection acceleration... this when machine already in moment and got to a point between vectors.. this value you can set higher, 500 and up

with experiment you can find the proper setting..

spindle ... most spindle up to 24K some of 18K max rpm... set proper value

for delay to waiting for spindle run up or slow down you can use 5000 millisecond value

after these close this menu tab and go to machining tab

pdf for settings

this pdf I found on net and about settings

youtube also has by salecnc and jcut too many videos

homing function, tool zero function

after you get trough successfully installing bcstudio, let see some functions

first homing..
    it called moving to reference points..
    see attached picture.. when you perform it, machine will going slowly to limitswithches and reversing a few mmm..

very accurate, however not suggested to using as absolut zero..

also, if workenvelope correctly set , work cordinatas, then program will automatically slow down to zero when axis reaching hardware or soft limit..
    very intelligent program..
    also when you ask dry run, simulation of run program warning if gcode were run outside of limits, even a chart coming up showing what axis and on what end were out of limit..

================================================== ========

toolzeroing... program calls it, mobile calibrator.. guessing you have a given thickness a toolzeroplate.. it can be even a piece of aluminum ductape sticking onto surface..

theres a very helpful post on cnczone..

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/chines...achines-2.html

when you perform it machine Z will going slowly about 60 mm per min downward till reach toolzeroplate and reversing to a preset value, and set the zero on Z

a little remark here a well grounded machine need only one wire from #pin 1 ... however recommended to using two wire #1 pin and a ground from the break out board..

there are several type on the market I posting two of them

one more thing..
    when axis moving out by any reason outside of limit, a red circle will be visible around left top.. and machine can not be moved..
    then you click on ""turn off mechanical limits" ... youll get a small info window and you can use the manual jog buttons..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails reference point.jpg  

Dear Victorofga,

I have an issue with my pci card and NC studio. I mistakenly put the card before installing NC Studio (For not reading the forum earlier). Now there is the following error:

"Hardware failure. Please close the application then check the hardware".

I was thinking the solution will be to uninstall the software, take out the card, and erase the card's driver (i do not know how to erase the driver). And do the whole proccess again. Your suggestions please.

Bests,
    DT

Re: NCstudio 4.XXX and 5.XXX

hellow dear
    i have cnc router jdz-1325 and i lost the parameter of the cnc machine ,,please can you help me i need to send the parameter which are suitable for this machine ,this is the pAttachment 260122cture of the machine: Attachment 260122

what you mean as parameters?

first homing machine, then carefully move to the ends on the 3 axis.. when it ""bumps"" move back a few mm, and set those dimensions to machine limit..

spindle delay mine is 5000 this is the value router waiting for, spindle accelerate up

feed

this is hard to describe, it variable machine by machine..

set startspeed to zero first,
    linear acceleration about 120
    and connection acceleration about 300

now.. after tests, you can try to set start to a low value 20-50 so machine never stops really

linear acceleration important, because this is what causing ""jerking"" on small segments..
    I never could set over 180

connection acceleration is when machine in motion, and changing direction between vectors, that are connected..
    this can be up to 1000

but again, these values are working for me..
    for you might different working..

start with low values and gradually change them to higher..

very generally.... as you raise feed, abd it start to stalling, then you set back about 30 percent..
    that is the safe max speed and acceleration..
    connection acceleration

Hi
    This forum seems very helpful. I fired up our new SUKE 1325 CNC Router for first time today. Upon launching NC Studio (ver 5.5.60) I was greeted with errors. BKREF ESTOP LIMIT ALARM. I went through the manual and adjusted all parameters as listed. restarted software, same errors. Checked all connections, they were fine. Still got errors. I disabled mechanical limits through operations menu and errors cleared. Researched on web, made a few adjustments, restarted still got errors. Any ideas? All help is appreciated. Thanks
    GregClick image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	264150

Hi Davidtobat

I have the same problem I tried a restore point which did not work how did you solve this

George

Quote Originally Posted by davidtobar View Post
    Dear Victorofga,

I have an issue with my pci card and NC studio. I mistakenly put the card before installing NC Studio (For not reading the forum earlier). Now there is the following error:

"Hardware failure. Please close the application then check the hardware".

I was thinking the solution will be to uninstall the software, take out the card, and erase the card's driver (i do not know how to erase the driver). And do the whole proccess again. Your suggestions please.

Bests,
    DT
    no problem if you instal ncs befor you put your card
    this not problem
    every chines machine they send ncs softwear / driver / type 3 or artcam
    in the driver there is a file you have to remove it from driver fille and instal the driver manuel
    instal befor or after ncs no problem
    i try this last days