585,605 active members*
3,302 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Amplifier error on X Y and Z at startup!

Amplifier error on X Y and Z at startup!

Me and a friend puchace this Fadal 4020 A from the company we both worked for that went out of busines. I personally ran the machine at this company with little or no problems for 5 years.
    Since we moved it to our new shop, we have had intermittant problems at startup. You throw the switch in the back and depress the "CNC start" button and hold until the sinature "thump-thump" sound of the axis amps kicking in. Well, sometimes they don't, no "thump-thump sound", and we get an error 18on whichever axis the jog selector switch happens to be on. It won't let you cold start or jog or anything.
    As soon as you turn on the power, (without starting the cnc), the amp lights are ON, but no fault lights.
    I have wiggled/reseated relays and wires throughout, and gotten it to come on, but it seems to be getting worse ... and at the worst possible times (of coarse)!!

Just curious if anyone has ever had this problem or has any suggestions, as I REALLY need this machine to run! Any help would be much appreciated !

Thanks in advance !

hopefully by now you fixed the problem but if not, I ran into something similar last week. I had to replace the K20 relay on the 1100-1 board in the side electrical cabinet. I think that was the relay number, if not, I will edit this post with the correct number.