585,763 active members*
4,192 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > Angle head in edgecam

Angle head in edgecam

Hi folks. I try again.I use Edgecam on a 3 axis mil. I want to use a (90) anglehead with drills in bouth directions. How do I set up edgecam to deal with this. I will do horisontal drilling with this head. And I want to do a simulation that is correct. Anyone here used angleheads?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails madaula.gif  

I'm sure your looking at a very custom post to do that. I really dont have the first clue where to start. Did you talk to your reseller about it?

Does this head change with the tool change arm, or do you put it in manually?

So then you'll drill in the YZ Plane with X- or X + as the spindle (drilling) axis). Iv'e done it with Mastercam . Dont know how to handel it in EdgeCam.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Yes have talked with my reseller and the say I have to upgrade the edgecam licens to advanced milling. and have to do a custom post.
    The post is already custom I`ve made it myself. So I think I will modyfy it myself to and I think I have to give up the idea to have a correct simulation.

yes the head changes with the tool change arm. Quite cool i think.

I think I have to change the work plane. think this is G17,G18or G19 and I have to figure out how to deal with the length of two tools in one tool place.

I think I write a little code to insert before my drilling like "Rigth side drill" and left side drill" then I have to call up the toolofsett for that tool and change the workplane.

You can get angled heads to work but you will not get them to simulate correctly. As far as I can remeber it shouldn't be an Advanced Milling item. IN version 11.0 (I believe) there is going to be an option to have toolpath output relative to another CPL. This simple checkbox would get you the correct code without any more customizing of the post... you would probably have to use one of the new adaptive milling templates though introduced in 10.5
    Mike W.