584,879 active members*
5,053 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New Machine - Y Axis not working

The laser arrived on Saturday. I have been slowly putting it together. It is a 9060, 80w Reci tube CO2 laser and Leetro 6525 controller.

Yesterday, I tried to do a test run in stand alone mode (not connected to a computer) but when I pressed the jog button to move the laser head to the start position I found that the Y axis is not working. I can move the X axis and Z axis but not the Y axis. Everything else seems to work ok.

I need advice on how to troubleshoot the Y axis problem.

Thank you

BTW, I have contacted the vendor but have no response yet.

If the Y axis motor and driver is ok ,then
    The problem maybe come to the motion card 6525 or power supply

Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by cautious32 View Post
    The laser arrived on Saturday. I have been slowly putting it together. It is a 9060, 80w Reci tube CO2 laser and Leetro 6525 controller.

Yesterday, I tried to do a test run in stand alone mode (not connected to a computer) but when I pressed the jog button to move the laser head to the start position I found that the Y axis is not working. I can move the X axis and Z axis but not the Y axis. Everything else seems to work ok.

I need advice on how to troubleshoot the Y axis problem.

Thank you

BTW, I have contacted the vendor but have no response yet.
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Hello,I think the problem maybe the 6525 controller,or the driver and motor of the Y axis.You can text the problem.
    1.open the computer cover, with manual control function, the distance is set to 100mm, click on the "up" or "down" button, you can see a lamp light. Click to move left or right button, if don't see the light, the control card is damaged, if there are light, please proceed to the next step.2.Adjust the ammeter to DC 5V speed, voltage measurement adapter 14 feet and 54 feet. Click on the "up" or "down" button, the normal value of about 2.8V, if not, the control card is damaged, please replace the control card. If yes, please proceed to the next step.3.you change the output terminal of the driver of the X and Y axis,click to move up or down button.if the X axis is normal,then Y axis motor is damaged.If the X axis is not moving, then Y axis driver is damaged.
    Hope it will be helpful to you.If you have any questions,just ask me,i will do my best to help you. Emily
    Jinan SPC Laser Co,Ltd
    mail:[email protected] MSN:[email protected] Skype;emily.zhang189

Lucy, Thank you for responding.

Emily, This the sort of information that I need.

1. I have checked step1 and an LED comes on when the left and right buttons are pressed so Control Card is good.

2. I'm not sure exactly where I'm to measure the voltage. An image of the exact location would be very helpful.

Thank you.

Emily, Thank you so much, your information helped a lot.

It appears that the 3ND583 driver is faulty. Can you give me a quote for a 3ND583 shipped express to Bellmere, QLD 4510, Australia?

John

IT's WORKING. :banana::banana::banana:

Embarassing but true.
    While I was inspecting the wiring to check for breaks or lose connections, I noticed that some wires went from the Y axis driver to a switch on the control panel box. Toggled the switch and the Y axis works.

The switch is for the rotary attachment and I assume that when the rotary attachment is on the Y axis needs to be disabled. The laser must have been shipped with the rotary switch on!

Now to sort out why I'm not getting air.

Thank you again Emily.

It is amazing.I just want to quote for the driver to you.Do the Y-axis work well now?I give you an illustration of rotary attachment.Maybe it can be helpful and find the problem.Attachment 199068Attachment 199068
    Best regards, Emily
    Jinan SPC Laser Co,Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by zmxinyu View Post
    It is amazing.I just want to quote for the driver to you.Do the Y-axis work well now?I give you an illustration of rotary attachment.Maybe it can be helpful and find the problem.Attachment 199068Attachment 199068
    Best regards, Emily
    Yes Emily, Working good now. Thank you for your help.

John

Congratulations to you.I'm very glad to help you.Best regards, Emily
    Jinan SPC Laser Co,Ltd

Hi sorry I'm having this exact same problem could you please tell me how u change the rotary settinf

Embarassing but true.
    While I was inspecting the wiring to check for breaks or lose connections, I noticed that some wires went from the Y axis driver to a switch on the control panel box. Toggled the switch and the Y axis works.

The switch is for the rotary attachment and I assume that when the rotary attachment is on the Y axis needs to be disabled. The laser must have been shipped with the rotary switch on!

Now to sort out why I'm not getting air.

Thank you again Emily.[/QUOTE]