585,880 active members*
3,930 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Setup of Weike Laser

Hi,
    I'm a new member in Rhode Island. We are attempting the setup of a Weike LG 500. Cannot get laser to fire. No damage apparent to the tube. CW3000 chiller connected and running. Grounded properly. No light at back when hitting test button. Tube came mounted with anode and cathode wires connected, water in and out tubes connected. We have been careful every step of the way. Any advice would be much appreciated. If you're in the area, I will pay any tech guy good money to get this machine up and functional. Thanks for your time

Dave
    401-497-0293

hi,does the light path adjust well?
    Jinan SPC Laser Co,Ltd
    mail:[email protected] MSN:[email protected] Skype;emily.zhang189

Hi Dave,
    How about the laser power, usually with three led lights, yellow ,green and red, all them are on?

Any others you can ask your sales person, she will help you

Best Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by dfloyd View Post
    Hi,
    I'm a new member in Rhode Island. We are attempting the setup of a Weike LG 500. Cannot get laser to fire. No damage apparent to the tube. CW3000 chiller connected and running. Grounded properly. No light at back when hitting test button. Tube came mounted with anode and cathode wires connected, water in and out tubes connected. We have been careful every step of the way. Any advice would be much appreciated. If you're in the area, I will pay any tech guy good money to get this machine up and functional. Thanks for your time

Dave
    401-497-0293
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

I was trying to adjust the light path, but can't get the laser to fire when I press the button. I get multiple beeps when I press the button, but I don't know what that means. The instructions I have are very limited. Thank you for responding.

I am not with the laser now. Where are the LED lights to be found on the machine? Thank you for responding. I have been working with Tina at your company. I will write to tech support at Weike also.

Door switch or flow control sensor?

press the test button on the PSU with everything closed to see if you get a beam.

cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave. Everything's closed, no beam. I will test the power supply per instructions from Weike.
    Best,
    Dave

now that was a dumb question. Let the jeers begin!

do you have 50w or 60W co2 laser machine?

CO2 Laser Machine Engraver | Automation Technology Inc

Quote Originally Posted by dfloyd View Post
    now that was a dumb question. Let the jeers begin!
    Referring to my statement asking about the LEDs

- - - Updated - - -

It is 60w. Thank you

Thanks for all the replies. What a great community. Joe in CT, thanks a million for the call. Will be Skyping with the rep at Weike, and will go from there. I have an extra tube if it comes down to a tube issue. It will be good to (eventually) have a machine that does what it's supposed to.

Laser not firing...

Hello to guy with GW laser problem,

I know this isn't a Rabbit Laser USA system, but their web site does have a FAQs section that would be the best help for you. Yu should check out the question based on getting the laser to fire. The instructions are exactly what you need.
    This FAQ walks you through the wire interface from the controller, chiller, door switches, and the power supply.

Maybe you could ask your supplier for a machine schematic.

What controller are you using? What style laser power supply are you using?

Here is the link...
    My laser does not produce light.. My Laser does not "fire". What is wrong? How do I fix the laser to make it fire?

Ray Scott

Hi, Dave,

Please also check the position of safety switch and make sure they are in right position.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails right magnet positon.jpg  
    G.Weike Laser
    [email protected] [email protected] skype:melody.gweike

I find the most common problem is the magnetic switch on the enclosure lid. If you take your screwdriver and remove the magnet from the lid and place it on top of the switch and move it around overtop you may find the laser operating. In this case, the machine lid was probably shifted during shipping and needs adjustment.

Thanks for the reply. I think we've got it figured out.

Thank you, Melody. It was something simple: the wire connection to the chiller.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help. With the help of a Chinese friend, we contacted Weike via Skype. It was as simple as a bad chiller wire connection. I had originally disconnected the six pin module, and tried the test button and hallelujah! Laser fired! Kind of exciting. The rep at Weike got a technician online, and he walked us through testing out the chiller alarm plug at the laser. We then unplugged and re-attached the wire at the back of the chiller, and it worked! I really appreciate you all taking the time to respond to my SOS. I'm sure I'll have other questions. Thanks Ray Scott, whose instructions for aligning the laser path I'll be referring to next. Cheers