585,744 active members*
3,906 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Single phase back to 3 ph VMC15

Cool Single phase back to 3 ph VMC15

Anyone got info on this?

davisboys--
    It's going to depend on what transformer you have. There are some transformers that will only go Single phase and there are other that can do both. Tell me what the "T" number of you transformer and I can send you a wiring diagram to set up 3 phase. (I.E. T820, T821, T814 etc.)

Neal

T-814. The machine came to me new from the factory in 1994 wired 3 phase. The local dealer field-wired it single phase. I still have the jumper they removed from the transformer, but am not real strong on electronics, strong enough to hook up my phase converter to it and maybe with your assistance I can deal correctly with the transformer. As I recall, they had issues with the inverter ramping up too quickly and kicking out that I solved with Gary who was the service engineer at Fadal (at that time)

davisboys--
    Gary is still here. Why don't you give him a call in the Service Dept. He has a lot of the older wiring diagrams and can help you with this. (818 727-2100 Opt#4)

Neal

My humble thanks.

Thank you for taking the time to help! Regards, James F. Davis