585,981 active members*
4,128 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Surfcam > Surfcam version 5 fails to install on Windows 7 64-bit computer

Surfcam version 5 fails to install on Windows 7 64-bit computer

Dear CncZone members!

I just recently replaced a ASUS P7M55 LE motherboard with a new ASUS P8Z77-V motherboard and I replaced also the Harddisks with WD Enterprise Edition 500 GB Harddisks. The RAID controller is a Promise FastTrak TX2300 and the RAID Array is a RAID 1 (Mirrored) Array.

I tested the new motherboard thoroughly before replacing the old motherboard. The Windows 7 64-bit Operating System worked normally.

I took the motherboard together with a Intel i3 3,3 GHz processor and the Hard Disks to the place where it is being used for CNC Machining yesterday. Today the fellow who run the CNC Machines and the computer told me, that he wasn't able to install SURCAM v 5.1 using that computer.

I wonder, what might be the problem? The fellow is going to send me a photo that describes what the error message is, and then I'll know more about, what might have caused the problem, that he wasn't able to install Surfcam v 5.1.

Looking forward to a prompt answer to my dilemma

Smyans

I have versions 4 and 5.2 loaded on Windows 7 64 bit currently along with the current V6 on 2 computers. No problems loading these as long as you load it according to the instructions. I seem to recall they needed to be installed in the root directory not in the program folder. As for the hardware I don’t see where that should be a problem. I have mine loaded on a I7 and with SSD and a I5 laptop with a std hard drive.

Thank you for your answer.

I just found out, that the major problem is the "Access denied" while the Surfcam installation programme is trying to open the "Cliconfg.exe"! The error is (0x5).

I have tried to give sufficient rights for the installation program, but if has been of no avail thus far. I have even tried to use the "Takeown" command, but it hasn't helped either!

What to do? How to get sufficient rights to install the program? I have tried with the Admin rights.

Smyans

Thank you for your answer.

I just found out, that the major problem is the "Access denied" while the Surfcam installation programme is trying to open the "Cliconfg.exe"! The error is (0x5).

I have tried to give sufficient rights for the installation program, but if has been of no avail thus far. I have even tried to use the "Takeown" command, but it hasn't helped either!

What to do? How to get sufficient rights to install the program? I have tried with the Admin rights.

Smyans

It seems as the problem with the Installation of Surfcam Velocity 5 has been resolved. I just had to tweak the user rights so that the Owner was "TrustedInstallers" and the Administrator had full user rights etc.

Anyhow thanks for your kind help.

Smyans