584,826 active members*
5,080 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Share Your Files Part or Art
Page 101 of 587 519199100101102103111151201
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 11733

Cat

landdesign,
    Too Cool
    That will work great
    What program did you use to convert it to dfx
    Thank, You guys always come thur for me

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    landdesign,
    Too Cool
    That will work great
    What program did you use to convert it to dfx
    Thank, You guys always come thur for me
    I used two programs... downloaded it as a epi file... opened it in Dreamweaver, exported it as an AI. file and then opened it in Enroute Pro.... traced it in Enroute and exproted it as a DXF file.

as many have said on the forum you can do anything if you have enough programs to play with.... these are just what I used this time... I also could have done it in Inkscape ( which is FREE)

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Jamf2 View Post
    Switcher

I do believe he touched a nerve. Not everyone can convert a picture to .dxf.

What the hell is wintopo?
    Hi there,

since you ask.. Win Topo is a "one touch vectorization" tool... theres a FREE fully functional version.

once you have it set to suit a certain type of image you can fire those kind of images at it all day and it will spit out .DXF

you have to know a little bit about raster thinning and polyline reduction to set the options up correctly... and generate the best .DXF.... i.e a low entity count with mostly closed polylines... those criticising .DXF conversions of bitmaps forget 1 thing... the content has a lot to do with it. the image may contain lines that do not close and conversion can only represent the data in the image...

I've added and image I converted with wintopo.. the FREE version...and the resultant .DXF for comparison. The .DXF is as WinTopo spat it out... I haven't tweaked it or anything... for an honest assessment.

hope it helps

Danny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SantaTed-Clean.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    What one man can do another man can do..
    BitMaps to Models, 3D2Relief, tutorials and FREE CNC Software http://cnc4free.org

Good post yohudi,

Something else to add to the WinTopo subject.

When WinTopo creates the DXF file, it runs thru the middle of the lines in the bitmap. So If your bitmap consist of single solid black pixel lines it can reduce the random lines in the finished DXF that WinTopo creates.

That was 1 reason that I made my "Font Tracer" program, was to get things down to a single pixel, it's not perfect, but it gives more free options (I like free).

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Some running medal hangers I designed......

Quote Originally Posted by SolidWorksGuru View Post
    Some running medal hangers I designed......
    Welcome to CNC Zone:wave:

Thnks for sharing your great designs!

Quote Originally Posted by Weldtutor View Post
    Welcome to CNC Zone:wave:

Thnks for sharing your great designs!
    You are welcome, I've sold about 115 of them so far so I figure it was time to share.......

Talking A LITTLE FJ ANYONE?

Turnned out super sweet and I LOVE 2 share!

File won't open

I tried to open with autocad and it would not open any help please

Bass Guitar

This is a bass guitar I made on a K2 2514 using Mach3. Drawn on Mastercam9
    Wood is 1/4" purpleheart over 1" Cuban Mahogany
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5622.JPG  

Wood Chuck

Very nice work on the guitar!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Conquest1224 View Post
    I have been working in this thing in bob art and can't get a clean DXF to use. Anyone want to give it a shot...I dont need the text need just the sea thing in red!!!. Thanks Jim

On a side note I have used many of dxf's posted here and have made some into samples of the things we can do with our new used CNC. I don't think that guy wanted to offend switcher but he struck a nerve.

This is the best I can do in the time that I have. It does need cleaned up a little, mostly just the scales. I touched up the rest. To let others know how I did this, this is one way to vectorize this: Since this drawing was so small, I had to open jpeg in Microsoft Paint, and zoom in really close and blurry, and trace around drawing with black thin line. That gave me a pretty good outline to take into GIMP editor program. I then erased all the red lines using color select and deleting. At this point, I had a single black contour line. Saved that picture and then took it into WinTOPO and vectorized it. Wintopo freeware is a good program for being free, but does not handle arcs very well, that I noticed. I may someday have to tweak the settings a little to get better arcs. Then took it to vector program, which Tops is what I use, and deleted some lines and put arcs in its place. The less lines there are and more arcs, the smaller the post will be when running machine.

I hope this works for you, Conquest
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SILDragon.jpg  

yohudi

That was a very nice "Santa Ted" that you did with Win Topo. You have me convinced, I'm going to give Win Topo a try.

Attached is a dxf of "Old Smithy" that I did using Inkscape.

Does Win-Topo open .eps files? If not what program do I need to open .eps files?

Eric Nice job on the sildragon logo very nice indeed. I was close to being done with it and well never mind yours is excellent.

I also just downloaded Win Topo. Now Im playing with it and trial and error to learn.
    What is possible? What you will!

UNI Panther

does anyone have a dxf of the UNI Panther logo? Or can someone trace this for me?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unipanther.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Jamf2 View Post
    Does Win-Topo open .eps files? If not what program do I need to open .eps files?

Eric Nice job on the sildragon logo very nice indeed. I was close to being done with it and well never mind yours is excellent.

I also just downloaded Win Topo. Now Im playing with it and trial and error to learn.
    Hey Jamf2,
    Wintopo does not open EPS files. The best program to open and vectorize PS and EPS files is a freeware program named GSView which opens and views EPS and other files, and the subprogram PStoEDIT that converts the file to dxf format. pstoedit is installed in GSview program and accessed through the convert to vector option in the edit pull down menu of gsview. This program is sort of technical to install for the fact that it is sort of open source. When you do convert to dxf, it does the best job ever of tracing the outlines of EPS and PS's, for the simple fact of EPS's being pure black and white. The downside to the program is that it make the whole outline as a spline. If you have a good spline exploder program, then this is the program to use. If anyone does install program, the settings you want in the convert to vector option is DXF_S format which is DXF's plus splines, and check the box "Draw text as polygons" and make the flatness .011. I do not know why the flatness works on that number, but always makes a perfect vector. Then click okay, make sure page one is selected, then click okay, then name file of dxf as your part name and add extension .DXF. This is a cool program. Good luck

Edit: You also need Ghostscript for this program to work.

More fun stuff.......
    The snowflake is 4 parts

ericandmollie

You the man.

Thanks

OK The pstoedit is not installing or I'm not installing it seems to be missing several lines. Any ideas or suggestions.
    What is possible? What you will!

Quote Originally Posted by bkluck View Post
    does anyone have a dxf of the UNI Panther logo? Or can someone trace this for me?
    heres a dxf of UNI

have fun

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    yohudi

That was a very nice "Santa Ted" that you did with Win Topo. You have me convinced, I'm going to give Win Topo a try.

Attached is a dxf of "Old Smithy" that I did using Inkscape.

Hi there,

thanks very much... i also like "the old smithy" a good clean job..

thing with wintopo is you have to tune it a bit to suit a particular type of source material. You can get great results... Happy to see WinTopo is popular here .. it is good...

I'm like switcher.. I like FREE too, but it has to do the same type of job that I'd be asked to pay for really.. WinTopo is pretty good in that respect...

Inkscape is good too as you will know.. wintopo is unbeatable for batch-processing the same type of image... i.e if you had 50 different images like the santa-ted one.. once it's set they all come out like that.. using one touch.. that's it's strength really.

thanks again for the kind words

Danny
    What one man can do another man can do..
    BitMaps to Models, 3D2Relief, tutorials and FREE CNC Software http://cnc4free.org

Page 101 of 587 519199100101102103111151201