584,814 active members*
5,252 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Bridgeport Mill Rebuilds Repairs and Upgrades

Bridgeport Mill Rebuilds Repairs and Upgrades

Hey everyone 2SQ Industrial here. Wanted to start a thread for Bridgeport Mill help. We have been rebuilding, repairing and upgrading Bridgeport Mills, & Moore Jig Grinders since the economic downturn of 2008. We have found that rebuilding is much more cost effective to machine shops and manufacturers then buying brand new machinery. It is a great way for shops to save money and still receive a brand new machine in return. We do this day in and day out so if there any issues with your machines we are glad to help out.

-2SQ Team

Bridgeport SeriesII Classic

Hello
    I agree with what you say about second hand machines. There are some good quality second hand machines out there that just need some TLC and a few adjustments that would make them a better proposition than purchasing a new inferior brand machine.
    I recently purchased a refurbished Bridgeport Series II Classic milling machine, with the 58" x 11" table. The machine looks brand new and works very well.
    However , the other day I decided to dti the table to make sure everything was as it should be and to my dismay I got almost 0.005" ( appeared to be taper) over the length. Can you, or anyone else give me the procedure for diagnosing where this could be coming from and how to rectify it. I guess there are several places to look such as the column, table itself , gibs etc. the problem is that everything is so solid and heavy, it is hard to physically see any play.
    Any help would be most appreciated.
    regards Ray