584,817 active members*
4,686 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > Need Help! Bought the UC100 USB motion controller- Having small issue with mach3

Need Help! Bought the UC100 USB motion controller- Having small issue with mach3

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help me figure something out. We bought the UC100 USB motion controller to test on one of our machines while it works everything is printed backwards. I have looked online to no avail on how to get our machine to print in the correct direction. We would love to purchase more of these for the other machines in our shop. We just need to figure this out first.

I have attached some images to further illustrate the issue and I linked a video I posted on YouTube showing how it prints.

https://youtu.be/odIV-rqTbZU

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AFTER.jpg   BEFORE.jpg   IMG_8282.jpg   IMG_8280.jpg  

portsandpins for machine.PNG  

Re: Need Help! Bought the UC100 USB motion controller- Having small issue with mach3

Quote Originally Posted by dublindesign View Post
    Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help me figure something out. We bought the UC100 USB motion controller to test on one of our machines while it works everything is printed backwards. I have looked online to no avail on how to get our machine to print in the correct direction. We would love to purchase more of these for the other machines in our shop. We just need to figure this out first.

Thanks
    It appears that you don't have a genuine Copy of Mach3, is the UC100 genuine brought from the manufacture or there reseller's if the UC100 is genuine then it will not work correct with the Chinese copy of Mach3

Looking at the settings you posted, the Step / Low would normally be red X you would also have to change the way it Homes as well

In the General Config Page look at the active Plane Movement this should be X-Y

Distance Mode Absolute
    Mactec54

Re: Need Help! Bought the UC100 USB motion controller- Having small issue with mach3

Thanks for your reply! I bought the UC100 from here https://www.cncdrive.com/UC100.html . My copy of Mach3 came preinstalled on my computer do you think I will have to buy it again? how do I know if I have a chinese copy of mach3?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your reply! I bought the UC100 from here https://www.cncdrive.com/UC100.html . My copy of Mach3 came preinstalled on my computer do you think I will have to buy it again? how do I know if I have a chinese copy of mach3?

- - - Updated - - -

So your UC100 will be correct, do you have a genuine license file for Mach3, if it was preinstalled from China then it is most likely a copy, and may not work correct with the UC100, you could try to just change the Homing and the the motor output configuration

Mach3 would of been free if it came preinstalled from China
    Mactec54

Hi! I just bought a copy of Mach3 (Since the one I have did come preinstalled on the computer) I uninstalled the old and reinstalled my new copy. Tried just to see if that was the issue but no. I'm still happy to own a legit copy of the software though. Thanks for your advice! Would you be able to guide me as to how to change the homing and motor configuration?

Hi! I just bought a copy of Mach3 (Since the one I have did come preinstalled on the computer) I uninstalled the old and reinstalled my new copy. Tried just to see if that was the issue but no. I'm still happy to own a legit copy of the software though. Thanks for your advice! Would you be able to guide me as to how to change the homing and motor configuration?
    Can you Post the G-Code Program before we make any changes

As you can do the Photos do all the configuration files as they all play a part
    Mactec54

Hey! I figured it out! Since the y axis would not reverse on the homing limits what I did was switch the two y cables that go into my machine and that reversed it now everything is back to normal. Thank you so much for trying to help me!

Does your machine jog in the right directions? From 0,0,0 you should jog right with your right arrow, forward with the up arrow, and the z axis should travel up with a Page up. Your 0,0,0 position should most likely be at the bottom left of the table. Next do some basic measurements, ie., see if it moves an inch or 10 mm with a simple ruler. If these are correct your problem is most likely in your CAM set up or post processor.

Oh, I see you fixed it, great!
    Halfnutz

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hey! I figured it out! Since the y axis would not reverse on the homing limits what I did was switch the two y cables that go into my machine and that reversed it now everything is back to normal. Thank you so much for trying to help me!
    Yes that is another way to do it, but you can do that in the software as well, that is cool though as you did it yourself, and would of learned more about your machine as well in the process.
    Mactec54