585,599 active members*
3,453 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > stuck with "prof" 4 axis stepper driver tb6560 + LCD digital display + Pulse keyb.

stuck with "prof" 4 axis stepper driver tb6560 + LCD digital display + Pulse keyb.

Hi guys!
    I've recently got the item in the title from Aliexpress (Professional 4 axis stepper motor driver tb6560 + LCD digital display + Pulse handle keyboard-in Motor Driver from Industry & Business on Aliexpress.com). Plus 3 NEMA17 steppers which I intend to use in a small test-application.
    Though chinese items may to be not very trustworthy they are cheap. You now what I mean...
    These looks OK. Attachment 201320 Attachment 201322 Except the documentation wich is imposible to be understood.
    From the pictures it can be seen that the controller itself is the same reffered in some others threads which means is a "known" item between the gurus of CNC ZOne.

After a two days struggle with the controller's menu I've managed to make the steppers spin, from the controller's keyboard buttons. Which gave me hope.
    So I moved further and I connected the controller to a MACH3 PC. I've made (after 2 times reading both MACH3 docs & 10 times the so-called chinese docs) the MACH 3 settings and start a test.
    Suprisingly the controller's display began to run and after some tuning it become to give the MACH3 readings. So, what's the problem, you will ask. The problem is that the stepper don't rotate at all whatever the display readings are!

In my newbee opinion, it is something I miss with that crap controller's menu which I don't manage to fully understand because of the pile of sh.t named "manual". I suspect this chiefly because in a "learning mode" of the controller, I can move the stepper wrom the controller buttons (this I already told you) and, if simultaneosly I try to move it from MACH3 button (yes!!! I tryed even this!!) the steppers begin tu tramble and stuck...

So can anyone of you give some ideeas to un-stuck me? Or maybe you know how to find a decent manual for this controller or, even, can anyone understand better than me what is written in that damned manual?

I will be grateful to you to help me and I'm looking forward to it!

Alex

a new day, another situation

Hi again guys! It's me again!

A (partial) miracle has happened! In the morning I began to "dig" again my problem.
    After connecting the power source I was surprised to find that the facts were changed, apparently without my intervention. Maybe it was God's one.
    The last thing I've done yesterday it was disconnecting the display and buttons from the board. I intended to try just the drivers (without display and buttons) with MACH, hoping that it wil work this way. It didn't.

In the morning, after conecting the source and the paralel cable, i found that the situation was somehow reversed: the steppers were spinning (with MACH3 commands) but the controller's display doesn't follow the "MACH3 movements".
    They were responding bad to the controller buttons (both motors for Y axis, only one for the X axis, and again the same, for the Z axis where no stepper is installed!) while the paralel cable is connected and well (like yesterday) when not.
    The display follows the movements made only by controller's buttons.

Figuring it's about some MACH3 setting I started to probe until i've managed to get the correct MACH3 settings which I can give to anyone who care for them!
    Still the display of the controller wont work beside the controller buttons' commands.
    Of course I did my best (a lot o buttoning!) to deciphre the chinese menus hoping that there is a "clou" there but I didn't succeded. Pitty!

Nevertheless, this situation is much better than yesterday because now I can use the item to my tests.
    Of course the fact I don't know what really happened give me thrills because the reverse phenomena can happen tomorow, and I wouldn't now how to get back.

That's why I am still hoping to get some explanations from one of this forum's gurus.

It might be caused by a bad connector. Connecting and disconnecting them several times ( with the power turned off) might help.

Hi again, guys!
    I should have told you since 3 days ago but, sorry I had a hectic week...

First things first: I should thank H500 for beeing so kind to answer to my help request.

The last time a joked saying I keep waiting for a new miracle. But it happened again!
    After a short timeout I restarted the whole setup and BANG: now it's moving from both PC buttons and controller's buttons and in the same time is displaying the coordinates on the box display simultaneous with Mach3 display. So, it works!

I tryed hard to figure what has happened but I didn't. The only two obvious thing I have done are pulling out and in the paralel cable and AC connector. Always disconected AC and after pulling in/out the paralel cable. Monday, my collegue returned from hollyday and I wanted to share my achievements. I began to complain to him what has happened but he stopeed me saying: "...but, it works!". And he was right all the setup was working like I said.

Maybe H500 is right and it's about the parallel connector. I am not very convinced. It was impossible to replicate the issue. I suspect more that the box is sensible to AC on/off transient states. God knows.

Anyhow, forth this problem, the box seems a good chinese product with a good price/value ratio! For 125 bucks I couldn't have better.
    Meanwhile I founf it's HY product and I did a search on the forum. There are some older threads about FY controller but no one with display+buttons.
    Now I will continue to study it's performances with the steppers (microstepping, torque, speed...).
    This thread has over 180 views but only one reply which tells me it must be totaly uninteresting. So I think maybe it must be closed. But if I am wrong I will gladly share all my future research on the item.
    I will keep an eye to your replys a couple of days more.

Have a nice life, you all!

I think you can't use the controler and display when you are using Mach3. They are meant for standalone use only.

No, salzburg!.
    As I said in my last post, now it is working both ways: standalone or with MACH3.
    The only problem is I don't understood what happened when it start working this way.

God have mercy on me.

thanks for posting that manual. It helped me figure out my 3 axis version that came with no manual.

Hi Alex,
    I experience the same problem with the HY-JK05-K6.
    The steppers (X Y & Z) spin in manual mode with the controller buttons but connected to a MACH 3 PC the display reading of the controller follows MACH 3 but the steppers don't rotate.

Have you found out what caused the problem or do I have to pull cables and pray for the same miracle?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HY-JK05-K6.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	221030

The HY-JK05-K6 works fine with MACH3 when I disconect the enable line to the stepper drivers.

First of all, I'm just starting down this CNC road myself, so I'm as green as you can get, BUT I had similar problems with a 4 axis TB6560 board. The documentation was HORRIBLE and the settings for MACH3 didn't work at all. Finally found a manual that someone else had posted with some alternate software settings to try. Tried those settings in MACH3 and I can now at least make the NEMA23 steppers run, although I think some fine tuning is in order.
    One thing I figured out along the way is that you often will get different results if you power down/restart everything after making hardware/software changes. I spent an entire day checking/changing hardware/software that seemingly didn't work UNTIL I powered down and restarted everything. A discovery by accident!

PS

Randomly, my NEMA23 steppers "HUM" a bit when Mach3 is active - anybody know where to start investigating why this is?
    It doesn't happen in every gcode program I've loaded, but most. My steppers aren't connected to my mill yet, just exploring making them turn, step, etc., like I need.

It is not unusual for some driver/motor combination to be noisy. (usually a hiss) It's not a problem as long as you're not missing steps. A power supply with insufficient capacity can result in hum also.

New users should avoid the 6560 based controllers. Most were incompetently designed with a fault that results in random fried chips. The tb6600 boards is far less likely to go up in smokes due to poor design and cost about the same.

stepper "hum & hiss"

I won't know about missed steps yet as the steppers aren't connected to my mill yet. I'm still waiting on motor mounts and shaft connectors. I too ordered a manual control pendant for this setup but it hasn't arrived yet.
    We'll see what works and what doesn't when I have it on the mill
    Thanks for the reply!

Re: stuck with "prof" 4 axis stepper driver tb6560 + LCD digital display + Pulse keyb

Hi
    I have the HY-JK05-K6 Breakout board with display and the same button pad controller on a pendant. I am not using the 6560 driver board but other 6600 based controller modules.

I just got my controller cabinet wired up and motors spinning for the first time last night. I used the HY-JK05-K6 in manual mode and got my motors to spin using the jog buttons. After I received the HY-JK05-K6, I wrote it off as a loss due to the lack of real documentation. I decided to try it first in manual mode last night as getting LinuxCNC set up for the breakout board is a whole other project.

Have you been able to be productive with your setup and have you found any real documentation?

Otherwise I will continue to plan on using LinuxCNC and other breakout boards.

If Linux is a problem I will move up to Planet CNC which is a turnkey system with real tech support.

But for now using the HY-JK05-K6 as a simple jog device will be very useful while I fit the motors to the machines.

I would offer that the wiring should look neat and clean with meticulous striping so not to nick the wire. Signal wires should be separated by several inches and not parallel to the stepper wires or high current power wires to the drive modules. When the wiring looks like artwork, then you can easily see if something is broke or out of place.

I believe we make our own luck. I worked on the same Coast Guard aircraft that I would fly in.