585,974 active members*
4,356 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > 1985 Okuma LB15 with 5000L Green Screen Controller

1985 Okuma LB15 with 5000L Green Screen Controller

Hello,

I am attempting to integrate our "new" lathe to the DNC network with little luck. I have tried several of the setups from this forum I have had no luck with them. I am not able to get the RS232 communication setup properly. I was able to get the machine to punch out a program to our DNC, but when the file arrived it was nothing but jumbled information. The text file had nothing but x's and spaces when it arrived. I am not sure what I am doing wrong here, but am looking for some more information on the subject.

I have seen a lot of conflicting information on this forum about the pinout that is required by this early controller as well as parameters. I am using a 25 pin to 9 pin connection that I wired myself as per schematics on this forum.
    Another issue I saw was that I could only see parameters on the screen up to optional word 32, and when trying to change parameter 12 and 16 it will not change. I read on one post that this may mean a software update is needed, is this true?

Does anyone have more information on this process?

Update : I contacted Okuma and was able to get the machine to punch to the PC. I have attached the file with my settings. When I try to read from the DNC program I get the error "RS232 device error FFFFFFFF"
    Attached Files Attached Files

Problem resolved.....

Re: 1985 Okuma LB15 with 5000L Green Screen Controller

drumdubb, I am having similar problems.. What was your resolution?