585,974 active members*
4,248 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > i realy need a post 4 our new okuma

i realy need a post 4 our new okuma

hi every edgecam lovers

my work have just bought a new machine, a horizontol palet machine with OSP 7000 M.
    actully it can do with any OSP milling, just so i have a ground to build a post with.

hope that some one use edgecam with okuma....

thanks a lot

Did you ask your reseller first? I would always start there. Even if it's not perfect, they should give you something to start with. Then if you need changes you cant make yourself, you can always contact them for assistance. Which I assume they'll charge for. But your dealer should have something to get you started.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

yes they will charge and my boss will not pay

he thinks its not nesesery to use edge cam in this mashine.
    but i have some home work that i want to make in it, that i have done in edgecam.

so onse again if some one just hapand 2 have one.

please please please :drowning:

Tell him that if Edgecam cant do it, you're considering another CAM system that can work with this machine. See if he can find you a post then :-)

It's not for him to reason whether you should or shouldn't use Edgecam for this machine. This is what you bought it for. A horizontal mill is exactly what you should be using your Edgecam for.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More

Hi coole jag
    Try saving your Edgecam posted file in MS Word as text this will run in any
    machine you may have to change your start and end of the program mybe
    toolchange but it will run the text
    Mactec54

Coole_jag here is one, I am not sure which version it was done in. It should be close because it was a post for a customer.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Mike W.

Hey Mike,

I hope we can see you here more often. A successful forum depends on it's users. Users with experience like yours cam really help this forum and the Edgecam product.

Mike Mattera

i'm going to be dropping in quite a bit now, a good community is important.

How are you doing on Code Wizard stuff since the training?
    Mike W.

I developed a test part and started playing with the Wizzard. Good results so far. I need to figure out how to change the comments to upper case. I dont know why it's not like that out of the box. Very few controls use lower case comments.

Another interesting point: I started my test part with a standard fanux3x-in post. Then I tried to select my new Adaptive post. It didn't show up in the list of posts. I had to create a new sequence with my new post and then copy all the toolpaths down to the new sequence(new post). Beat my head on the wall for a day trying to figure that one out. Rob was the one who found the solution.

Mike Mattera

NC Style, G-Codes and Modality the NC File General tab and select Text Case Output -ALways Force Upper.

The old templates aren't compatable with the new adaptives, it has to do with the tool itself and how the Coolant and spindle direction is controlled form there. THe lathes you control CSS from there as well.
    Mike W.

Smile joined

hello edgecam users