585,917 active members*
3,481 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help replacing way lube metering units

Hi everyone. I hope someone can help me out. I have a torq cut 22 that the previous owner put some used motor oil or something in the way lube tank. I noticed some of the lineal ways had rust on them so I though the lube system might be plugged. I cleaned out a bunch of crud out of the bottom of the tank and put some clean oil with UV dye in it to test which circuits were not working. I have replace the oil metering units on the z axis but I can't get to the manifold for the x and y. It sits under the table bolted to the saddle right under the ball screw. When the table is all the way over I can kind of get my hand in there but I don't think I could operate a wrench enough to replace all the meters. I guess I am going to have to remove the table or something but I have no idea how. I have been trying to find a way though all my manuals and digging around in the machine. Do I have to unbolt the table from the lineal rails? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Zane

Don't know if you've got this problem solved or not. When I bought my very used Bridgeport Series I, it had been sitting for about ten years, and the oil had turned to grease. Had to replace all but one of the metering units (maybe 25 of them..)

The metering units for the ways were mounted under the table. Thought that I had to remove the table. Disconnected the table from one end of the X lead screw and set up supports to remove the table. Started sliding the table to the right, and found that we exposed the manifold, and were able to r & r all the metering units fairly easily.

Hope this helps.

Tom