584,812 active members*
5,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Photo Silhoutte (Profile) in VB

Quote Originally Posted by IMSlo View Post
    I would like to write a VB program that would write GCode to cut a Silhoutte ( I don't know how to spell Silhoutte) from a digital photo. Please don't suggest buying software to do this. I built JGRO's router. SWMBO (for yall who still don't know what that is She Who Must Be Obeyed) does not share nor appreciate my enthusiasm for the CNC router. She says we need new carpet, the bathroom remodeled, and our 30 year old oven replaced. And in fairness to her the router has not done much more than take up space in my already cluttered wood working shop.

I have some expericnce in VB. I have written extensive applications in MSAccess which uses VBA. I have a program that was free on the internet that does a good job of edge detection and the person who wrote it was good enough to allow public access to the source code. The way the program works is after determining the width in x pixels and the height in y pixel it starts at X1 and moves across the entire photo one x pixel at a time. At each x pixel it moves up the y pixels for the entire height of the photo. If a pixel need to be turned on it does it. I can capture the xy position of those turned on pixels. The big problem is that they are far from cnc order. I have begun to try to figure out an algorythm to compute the logical order for cutting and write the Gcode. I would assume that each pixel is a unit. Of course it would have to be scaled down drastically. It seems that there are seven possible positions (9 minus present and last positions) for the next point. This seems relatively simple but there are times when I have seen gaps when zooming in on the edge detection and I have have seen multiple lines. I can imagine the program hanging up looking for a nonexistant point or going back and forth between multiple lines. I have not really started on this project and very possibly might never. I would just like to hear some ideas from others if you would be willing to share.
    Hi IMSlo, you can share link to download you CNC CUT Silhouette project in Visual Basic ? need help? Thank you. Xman2000.

Re: Photo Silhoutte (Profile) in VB

I hve no idea where the code is. It was written 12 years ago. I changed computers a couple of times during this period and it got lost in the shuffle. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Switcher View Post
    IMSlo,

Do you have "101 VB.NET Samples" yet? I believe they have some database stuff. I havn't went thru all the samples yet, the samples I have looked at, are good.

Here is a link for the download.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

If for some reason you can't get the download to work, let me know ,I'll send it to you.

Hi you can share with me source-code of Silhouette in VisualBasic?
    and others in VB?
    Gcode2DXF Vbnet and Paint.Net C# ?
    thank you very mutch.

Page 2 of 2 12