585,712 active members*
4,372 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Esab Operators? Columbus software?

Anyone here operate Esab cutting machines? I operate 2 of the avenger plus style gantry with a pt-24, pt-600 and two oxy fuel torches per gantry. I also use Esab's Columbus nesting software. Anyone else here use this software?

Also using Columbus software and operating Esab Cutting machine.
    Pt-24
    Pt-600
    Oxyfuel 1 torch

Bump! Maybe this will catch the eye of a newcomer in the last while that might be using Esab products, hoping someone else is using Columbus software.

Ran an ESAB Puma in the past... back then they(ESAB) was pushing FastCAM.

How do y'all like Columbus for nesting?

Well I have been more a cutter operator in the past but now needing to learn nesting for the machines ( we have 2 Esab Avenger Plus machines and 4 - 9' x 21' water tables) .... Nesting is a full time 50ish hour week job keeping these two cutting machines going. I have done some nesting in the past and have recently got back at it but have alot more to learn. I can do it, basically, but will have quite a bit more training yet. I was hoping there might be some people in here using it that I could chat with for some hints and tips... It'll all come together though I am sure.

Hi, My name is Rubén. I have a little problem..

I´m using the Columbus Nesting Software, actually I´m a "rookie" so the problem is that I can´t find the way to program shapes with "Y" "K" and "X" bevels. I´ve been reading the plasma motion expert manual but, this manual explains the gantry movements and I Undestand very well but I can´t find the answer for doing it at the columbus software.

There is a section in this manual that explains beveling and explain what codes can we use, but as I told you I´m a "rookie" and I don´t understand very well how to use the expert codes...

So can anybody help me and explain me how to create beveling shapes an the columbus software??

Thanks a lot everybody

Hi Ruben..

Unfortunatly we dont use the bevel feature on our cutters. we only do the strait cutting. I will look again at the software and see where the settings for bevel are. I have an idea but would have to see for sure at work.

WIll get back to you asap.

Danny

Thanks

Thanks a lot Danny!!!

As I told you, I´ve reading the expert motion plasma torch manual and I find a lot of tips that I can use in beveling...

I´ve been programming using the expert codes, you know "G codes", "M codes", it has been a temporary answer but I must find the way to do it at the columbus nesting software...

I appreciate you help!!!

Have a nice day!!

Experienced operator and mew programer

I am a new programer but I have been an operator of the Vision Series (52 & 55) for over a year now. I am using columbus as one of my nesting softwares and I have a question that one of the pros may be able to help me with.

I am getting codes G140 D25 and G140 D100. I can't find any reason for these codes, nothing in the manual and the avenger won't process these codes. What do these codes mean?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Nevermind found it!! Speed adjustments for small diameter circles.

Re: Esab Operators? Columbus software?

ik gebruik columbus !