585,931 active members*
5,607 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Dmm Technology > DMM Tech Review FEEDBACK request

DMM Tech Review FEEDBACK request

Thanks in advanced.

I have looked through their product information, and I like what I see so far. I'm in process of quoting a rebuild for a CNC mill and was thinking this might be a possible solution.

I have no history with them and my Customer is looking for a lower cost solution.

I've used some Yaskawa AC servos for different application and had great success, they are just on the spendy side.

Without testing their stuff, I'm a little scared. In the past it's seems every vendor in (DC servo Market) had something wrong I had to fight and design work around-s.

Was looking for "boots on the ground" feedback and not manufacturer Sales pitches that it slices Bread too.

-Linghunt

DMM Tech Servo's

[QUOTE=Linghunt;1349818]Thanks in advanced.

I have looked through their product information, and I like what I see so far. I'm in process of quoting a rebuild for a CNC mill and was thinking this might be a possible solution.

I have no history with them and my Customer is looking for a lower cost solution.

I've used some Yaskawa AC servos for different application and had great success, they are just on the spendy side.

Without testing their stuff, I'm a little scared. In the past it's seems every vendor in (DC servo Market) had something wrong I had to fight and design work around-s.

Was looking for "boots on the ground" feedback and not manufacturer Sales pitches that it slices Bread too.

-Linghunt[/QUOTE

WE have used DMM Tech's SERVOS and are very happy with our choice.

WE have used DMM Tech's SERVOS and are very happy with our choice. I wanted to buy their top power units for our heavy mill, but our custom duties made the cost unviable.
    The only problem we had with one motor's absolute encoder- we accidently ran the plasma cable too near to the encoder and that did it in. Then we covered all encoders with metal shield.
    OKAY now.

I'm using their 400w servos and love them. Don't have much to compare them with, but I'm not sure they can be beat for price and simplicity. The one thing I'm not a fan of is the drivers have no reset button or any way to reset them without cycling the power completely. Not a big deal once everything is working correctly, but would have been useful for a couple days after initial installation.

Anyway, they run very well, smoothly and seem as capable as they advertise them to be. The support and customer service was pretty fantastic, but it helps that I'm close enough to drive there when I had trouble (burned a drive once, bad wiring - my fault)

linghunt

Dmm system is AC servo system
    There is not much to test, plug/wire them & run

I use Yaskawa as well, But like the Dmm system better, I have just changed a mill that had Yaskawa sigma II on it, for the Dmm system, it's not finished yet but have had it all running, It ran very well in the tests that I did, I have other machines with the Dmm system on as well, they all run great
    Mactec54

Fateh-MONDER

All there motors now have metal/aluminum housing/cover over the Encoder
    Mactec54

I have built 2 machines with them and both have worked perfectly.

The first machine was a round column mill conversion and the second machine is a
    square column machine. I have build threads on both machines here on CNC Zone.

I also have several Yotube videos of parts being cut and the machine build.

CNC Conversion Update - YouTube
    Kelly
    www.finescale360.com

Quote Originally Posted by kregan View Post
    I have built 2 machines with them and both have worked perfectly.

The first machine was a round column mill conversion and the second machine is a
    square column machine. I have build threads on both machines here on CNC Zone.
    Could you post a link to the Dmm components that you used on your MTW mill conversion?

My google search skills seem to be failing me.

doorknob

You have to use dmm tec to find it with Google

http://dmm-tech.com/index.html
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    doorknob

DMM Technology Corp.

I've been there, but have not figured out which kit or which parts people are using.

I must be missing something.

doorknob

DMM Technology Corp.

I've been there, but have not figured out which kit or which parts people are using.

I must be missing something.

doorknob

It depends what you are putting it on, as to what size motors you will need, once you know what size motor to use, Dmm will put a package together to suit your need/machine
    Mactec54

doorknob

It depends what you are putting it on, as to what size motors you will need, once you know what size motor to use, Dmm will put a package together to suit your need/machine
    Ah, understood. It makes things a bit difficult for us window shoppers, though.

Thanks for all the comments... -Linghunt