585,683 active members*
4,874 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need help engraving imported files in Newlydraw (JSM40)

I recently purchased an affordable China engraver (Artsign JSM40) and I have it hooked up and (semi) working. I can move the laser around on my computer and even engrave text that I type into Newlydraw and (and shapes as well) but when I attempr to import a file that I would like to engrave is when I cannot engrave. When I import the file it will show up in Newlydraw, I hit engrave like I normally would and the engraver head moves and goes over the area like it was engraving but it does not shoot. This only happens when I tell it to engrave an imported file, and I have tried every file type possible to import and it does the same thing every time. At the "engrave" box I can ask it to outline the engrave area, and it does it fine, but when I want it to engrave the actual file it mimics it engraving the file but does not. I have already reinstalled Newlydraw, but the issue still remains. PLEASE HELP, I am going crazy trying to figure this out!

It my experience, not all exported files follow strict formatting. In other words, an exported file from software package A may have a slightly different coding than export package B. This has been the case for .dxf files exported from various packages, and not importing properly to Lasercut. Newlydraw may have a similar issue. A suggestion is to try to export from other packages. For example, Microsoft paint is free and located in the accessories folder. There are free shareware programs for graphics (I use Gimp 2). Many graphic editing programs can be downloaded and tried for free at SnapFiles freeware and shareware downloads and reviews, trusted for quality since 1997. I have been downloading programs from this site for years, and bought a few of there low cost shareware programs.