585,981 active members*
4,212 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation INsert Molding

I have an insert mold with ejector pins in a horizontal position. The machine is a Nissei with NC9000G controller. I need the pins to hold the insert until it is centered by the plastic flow. How do I change the time for pin retraction? Any help would be appreciated.

PC7

You have to change a timer value. I've not run this particular press, but you should have an operator station that lets you get to the various delay timers and change the values. An operator's manual for this machine would cover this and all the other common values to change to run the mold properly.

Karl

Thank you Karl; I talked with Nissei and they told me how to get to the adjust screen. However it only shows ejector fwd time and ejector bwd time that is adjustable from 0 - .99 sec. Current setup is 0.05 sec. I have a 12 sec inject total time, 2.5 sec at high pressure. Currently the ejector pins are retracting at 1.5 sec. I would estimate that I need them to pull at around 2.2- 2.4 sec inorder to get a uniform fill around the insert. I am sure I am missing something.

PC7

To me, ejector timers are for kicking parts out of the mold. Timer begins running after the mold is open. You need to check, but i don't think you're using ejector pins to hold your insert. If you are, you're going to need to modify the PLC logic to start the timers at the right spot in the cycle.

Its been a LONG time sence I worked in a mold shop. IIRC, there was a second plate and pins for inserts in the mold. They were held forward from mold open (operator or robot insert the part) till most of the way through the injection high timer. I think the insert retract timer triggered off the injection High start.

Insert molding is pretty standard stuff, but if your PLC doesn't have this function as you'd like it, it can be changed by anyone that <knows how>edits ladder logic.

Karl