584,829 active members*
4,919 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Autodesk 123D CNC utility

Anyone tried Autodesk 123D CNC utility yet? Coverts any or open common 3D files like STL, OBJ and common 2D files like EPS and SVG into G-Code for use in CNC router.

I'm brand new to cnc, so I'm sure i'm missing something but wow... I created everything cradle to grave with the 123d suite of online applications. I just tried it out last week. 123d design to create a simple sign. I exported to 123d cnc utility. It creates the toolpaths based on stock size, tool size/type etc., simulates everything then generates the g-code.

Never used a cnc machine before. I'm really impressed with this, really simple to use. just a little scared that it won't catch on, they'll pull the plug on it and I'll end up having to learn an actual cam program. I can't seem to find a forum with people using this product. I guess it's new but after sifting through the cad/cam forums here and trying to make heads or tails of the workflow for all the different combinations of cad/cam software, I found this set of products the easiest to actually create something.