584,829 active members*
5,088 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Polls > What machines are in your home hobby shop?

View Poll Results: What machines are in your home hobby shop?

Voters
627. You may not vote on this poll
  • Metal Cutting Lathe

456 72.73%
  • Knee Mill

338 53.91%
  • Surface Grinder

124 19.78%
  • Metal Cutting Bandsaw

369 58.85%
  • Drill Press

503 80.22%
  • Wood Machines only

141 22.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123

Hybrid View

Cool What machines are in your home hobby shop?

What machines are in your home hobby shop?

Bridgeport Clone, Metal Bandsaw, 14x40 Engine Lathe, 7" Pedistal Grinder, 6:x12" Manual Surface Grinder, Floor Stand Drill Press, 1-Ton Arbor Press, Oxy-Acetylene with B-Tanks, Finished homemade CNC Router, all in a 9'x25' space!
    www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

Mill Drill, Lathemaster 8x14, Chop Saw, Mitre Saw, Table Saw, Wood Bandsaw, Metal Bandsaw, Hobart Handler MIG, Air Compressor, Wood Planer, Vacumn Caster, Centrifical Caster, Wood Router, CNC Router in Progress and all the accessories that go with all this activity (Acetylene Torch, Plumber's Torch).

Oops forgot, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, VOMs, etc.

Cool

It's too bad these dang polls only give 6 (SIX) choices!

It would make them more accurate if they had more!

Eric
    www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

Table Saw, wood bandsaw, drill press, wood jointer and planer, wood lathe, 12" disc sander with 6x48 belt, spindle sander, unfinished cnc router.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Small wood band saw, small drill press, small metal cutting saw, and cnc router.

yeah, its a disease. 13/36 lathe, xlo mill, drill press, surface grinder, t&c grinder, shear, arbor press, horizontal bandsaw, compressor, bench grinders, belt sander, O/A & stick welder, and not much space left in a two car garage. still need to collect electronics stuff and woodworking, lack of space is saving me from acquiring more!

well, if i had answered this 2 days ago I wouldn't have been able to check anything! Thankfully I just bought a $120 craftsman drill press
    ---
    router finally being built!
    y axis done!
    hobbycnc controller done!
    ...mounting nsk rails and thk rail. aligning leadscrews

CNC, drill press, metal lathe, routers, air compressor, RF 1.2 Gig Signal Generator, waveform generator, dummy load, transistor checker, oscilliscope, table saw, router table, SWR meter, 2 scroll saws, sweep generator, and some other stuff.

Jerry

Retro CNC Tree Mill,Bridgeport manual Mill,Pratt-Whitney 12X36 type C lathe, 17X60 LeBlond Regal Lathe,PowerMatic 24" Verticle Band Saw,9X16 Delta band saw,Miller 172 Mig, Miller 2060 Plasma,3/4 hp polisher, table saw,radial arm saw,Snap On "Taco Stand" bottom box ,side box and top box,engine stands,engine hoists,home built engine test stand w/hydraulic load pump and heat exchanger.Most tools are old, well cared for ,and functional.All were made in the USA (that tells you their age) .Our childern will have one heck of a garage sale someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Adobe Machine View Post
    Retro CNC Tree Mill,Bridgeport manual Mill,Pratt-Whitney 12X36 type C lathe, 17X60 LeBlond Regal Lathe,PowerMatic 24" Verticle Band Saw,9X16 Delta band saw,Miller 172 Mig, Miller 2060 Plasma,3/4 hp polisher, table saw,radial arm saw,Snap On "Taco Stand" bottom box ,side box and top box,engine stands,engine hoists,home built engine test stand w/hydraulic load pump and heat exchanger.Most tools are old, well cared for ,and functional.All were made in the USA (that tells you their age) .Our childern will have one heck of a garage sale someday.

what year and model is your tree mill

Allright Adobe Machine...nice selection of tools.....well the problem is the kids will most likely not know the value of any of our machines and will sell them for pennies on the dollar once we are history......

Are you in New Mexico?

Bridgeport series I, Southbend 16 x 42 with taper attachement etc, MIG, TIG, Oxy/acet rigs, drill press, full Gerstner 26" box and base of T&D tools, full roll around mech tool boxes, 4.5' x 6' weldng table, 6" Wilson vise, floor drill press, pedastel tool grinder (with diamond wheel), bench grinder.

Building a CNC Mill/drill table, future wants are a small surface grinder, Kurt 6" vise, and press.

Ok,....Now everyone respond with your exact locations, and where the spare keys are kept

Let's see, unfinished cnc,2 robots, slew of electronic and automation parts,PLC's, Mill,drill,grinder,table saw,Chop saw,metal bender,Mig welder,bench sander.
    My next purchase will be a lathe or metal band saw
    menomana

The big stuff I can't move...easily...
    Delta/Rockwell 3hp uni-saw
    Jet 24" wood band saw
    Jet 20" wood band saw
    Junk metal cutting band saw
    Delta/Rockwell 3hp shaper
    Woodmaster 25" planer/molder
    Foley Belsaw 12" planer/molder
    Accura 16"/32" drum sander
    RBI 20" scroll saw
    Delta 6" joiner
    Foley Belsaw Carbide grinder
    Foley Belsaw auto filer
    Foley Belsaw surface grinder
    Lot's of other Foley Belsaw sharpening equip.
    Couple of big old drill presses
    2 - Shop Smith Mk 5's
    Shop Smith over-arm Pin router
    2 shop made router tables
    air compressor
    Maggi big 800 16" radial arm saw
    B & D 12" radial arm saw
    2 - DeWalt 12" sliding compound miter saws
    36" Cook/Shop-built portable band mill, and
    my brand new 25" x 25" cnc spindle mill that I have no idea what I'm going to do with yet...
    All sitting in my brand new shop 800 miles away.:violin: Can't wait to get back home to set it all back up!
    --Rick

Haas mimi-Mill and Haas SL-10 CNC Lathe. Had to set-up a Phase converter for the CNC Lathe though.
    www.WebMachinist.Net
    The Ultimate Online Source for Machinist Related Stuff!

Milltronics CNC mill, Monarch 18/96 lathe, esab 875 plasma, esab 250 MIG, Smith torch, Wilton 7x12 bandsaw, 14ft gantry hoist, tons of misc power and hand tools of course

Quote Originally Posted by 70cyclone View Post
    Milltronics CNC mill, Monarch 18/96 lathe, esab 875 plasma, esab 250 MIG, Smith torch, Wilton 7x12 bandsaw, 14ft gantry hoist, tons of misc power and hand tools of course
    well the Monarch is gone(long story) but I added the Clausing lathe that I put the cent7 control on.
    also added the 2 rabbit co2 lasers, a small surface grinder, and a bunch of other stuff not worth posting
    Milltronics VM16 cent6, Clausing 1500 lathe with a Milltronics cent7, 80W Rabbit SE12090 laser

Those in my sig, plus a HF 4x6, Jet 14" Wood/Metal Bandsaw, Craftsman 10" Table Saw and Rockler Router Table.
    South Bend Heavy 10L, Burke #4, Van Norman #12, South Drill Bend Press
    A home machinist site you might like: www.Hobby-Machinist.com

ViperTx Re: New Mexico...no, retired in a small ,remote mountain community in Arizona, one block away from a National Forest. Your right, children will not know the value, or really care.
    All our children have totally different likes and hobbies,but are very successful in their own careers and endevors...To each his own, I'm just glad we live in a Country and society that allows us to pursue our intrests ,hobbies, and have the chance for education and advancement, limited only by a person's energy and desire.

I had my 3 car garage COMPLETELY filled with woodworking machines, including a 4x8 CNC router, 8' sliding tablesaw (euro), 5hp shaper, 24" bandsaw, 16" jointer, 20" planer, 37" widebelt sander, 21 spindle boring machine, single end dovetail machine, edge sander, and spindle sander.

Then I got into metalworking and I stuffed in a Jet 9x42 mill and a Jet 1340 lathe. Also have a chopsaw and a Hobart Handler 180. Gonna build a 2nd shop in my backyard after the rain settles, hopefully SOON, and am planning to move half the woodworking machines there. That'll give me room for a surface grinder, metal bandsaw, and more homemade CNCs!

In case you're wondering, every single machine except for the lathe and mill are easily moveable by pallet jack or mobile base. All my assembly is done in the family room.

Page 1 of 5 123