In an earlier post I was experiencing a memory error trying to run EZ-Trak 6.00_5.78 software on an EZ-Trak SX machine. Since then, I purchased a 32MB IDE Disk-On-Module to act as a hard drive.

I installed the DOM and the system recognized it. Interestingly, it comes with a power connector. With the power lead connected, the machine will not even boot. Unpowered, it is recognized just fine. Guess it is powered through the IDE bus somehow.

I set the BIOS to a type 3 hard drive (31MB). Not sure if that was the right setting, but it seamed correct. With FDISK, I deleted the existing partition and then recreated a new DOS partition using the full size of the drive. I then formatted the disk as a system disk. I copied over all the files that the autoexec.bat copies into the ramdrive for a NON-harddrive machine. I disabled the ramdrive and added smartdrv to manage the extended memory.

The system boots up, hymem checks and passes, the commands of the autoexec.bat file are executed and EZ-Trak launches. The following message is displayed:

Extended - DOS Powered by
Phar Lap's 286|DOS-Extender(tm) Version 3.1
Copyright 1993 Phar Lap Software Inc.
Available mem = ????KB
(didn't write down the available memory, but I think it was around 2084KB)

Next I get the error:

mn sys err - FATAL - InitGrafix failed

A search of Google brought very little up on this error. It seems to be related to issues of incompatible vintages of drivers, chipsets, etc. Does anyone have any ideas about this error?

As I had asked in my other post, could this be an incompatibility with the newer version of software and the SX hardware. Machinetek George had indicated in other posts that software version 3.02 was about as new as he would use on an SX.

And as I had asked in my other post, does anyone have a copy of the older software?

Thanks, in advance.

Daen