3,901 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: V26 upgrade

Page 1 of 9 123

V26 upgrade

No.

It's too near my V25 upgrade.
    V25, Dell T3700 Xeon, 16GB, Nvidia 4000, Win 7 64bit 2 x 22" Dell Monitors.
    Moulds completed: 130

Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

Quote Originally Posted by Force View Post
    It's too near my V25 upgrade.
    I kind of think the same way hopefully after playing with demo I will feel differently

Al..can you expand on the "Template" feature?
    Is this to have a predefined order of features that can be called up in any file?

I am working on some videos to help you guys understand all the features better.

yes DMS or dynamic machining strategies are design to allow the user to develop the machining operations that a tool path feature has.

You can create drilling 2D and 3D features that call single or multiple cutting operations that you can define on the fly.....

similar to tool patterns but at the feature level and much more flexible.

Al, is this just Mill upgrade or has there been work done on Lathe as well?
    Hood

yes it's a lathe upgrade too. The workflow you like in the mill is now in the lathe. so you have a stock wizard cam wizards and DMS

Sounds good

Hood

Guess another update for 25 is down the toilet ?

Hey Al. When will there be a V26 demo file so we can check it out?

Ronnie

Have they made Manual tools as quick and easy to use as in V23???
    That will make my choice easier of yes or no.

Calling tools is the same as in v25. It has been a while since I have opened v23, so I really can not answer that question right now. The focus is on the cam side of the software for milling and turning.

May users will be happy to know you can use all the tool types for profile cutting. So dovetail Woodbridge t cutter lollipop...

In many ways it is the same as v25 and in many ways it is very different. So far I really like it and still learning about the new work flow.

A demo version should be out soon enough.
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

al,

is NPT thread milling included in this version???
    Big Chipin, spreading tha cheese, I be Big Chipin for days!

Al
    Tried to download new demo but everything is showing as V25 is V26 not ready for download yet.

Looks like a pretty major UI refresh, which has been needed for a while. Cool that they fixed the profile cutters.

Hopefully some of the other UI silliness is fixed too (rounding to displayed precision, resetting tools to system even after you pick one, silently changing values the dialog doesn't like, etc)

Here's Hoping.

Looks like a healthy dose of "ease of use" upgrades/updates from what I can tell from the few screenshots I've seen. I'm looking for more in terms of function, personally. Without raising a complete ruckus, I would like to re-iterate my wish for Simulation to provide full kinematics to support the rapid motion on my non-standard Haas and Fadal machines. I have verified that Moduleworks does support the motion I am looking for. I can't explain why the option is not available in BobCAD.

Quote Originally Posted by aldepoalo View Post
    Calling tools is the same as in v25. It has been a while since I have opened v23, so I really can not answer that question right now. The focus is on the cam side of the software for milling and turning.

May users will be happy to know you can use all the tool types for profile cutting. So dovetail Woodbridge t cutter lollipop...

In many ways it is the same as v25 and in many ways it is very different. So far I really like it and still learning about the new work flow.

A demo version should be out soon enough.
    Al

No rounding tools ? ?

From what I have read over the years on here and other Forums a lot of folks use these type of cutters quite often, me included so I would have expected this to have been adressed with this upgrade, it is remember an upgrade not an update, quite a different version yet again ! !

V25 versus V26 ? ?

Hmmmm, think I`ll give it a miss this time round, BobCAD has pretty much got to the level of being unaffordable for the small "one man band" like me these days, probably cheaper in the long term to buy a more "mature" software and just pay the $600~$700 per year and get all the updates/upgrades every year, I have had V25 a little over 2 years and at that sort of money I would have spent about $1200~$1400, the asking price for the last upgrade to me was quoted as $1900. The math here isn`t hard ! !

To me I would rather pay a yearly amount and get ALL updates/upgrades every year or as they are available, before when BobCAD was very affordable it wasn`t such a big amount especially with the Sales Team discounts, these seem to have been drastically cut

Don`t misunderstand me, I am not "knocking" BobCAD in any way, it has improved by leaps and bounds but due to the direction the software has taken it now isn`t much more money to buy a very, very highly mature software that has been around much longer

Just my humble opinion for what it`s worth

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    Al

No rounding tools ? ?

From what I have read over the years on here and other Forums a lot of folks use these type of cutters quite often, me included so I would have expected this to have been adressed with this upgrade, it is remember an upgrade not an update, quite a different version yet again ! !

V25 versus V26 ? ?

Hmmmm, think I`ll give it a miss this time round, BobCAD has pretty much got to the level of being unaffordable for the small "one man band" like me these days, probably cheaper in the long term to buy a more "mature" software and just pay the $600~$700 per year and get all the updates/upgrades every year, I have had V25 a little over 2 years and at that sort of money I would have spent about $1200~$1400, the asking price for the last upgrade to me was quoted as $1900. The math here isn`t hard ! !

To me I would rather pay a yearly amount and get ALL updates/upgrades every year or as they are available, before when BobCAD was very affordable it wasn`t such a big amount especially with the Sales Team discounts, these seem to have been drastically cut

Don`t misunderstand me, I am not "knocking" BobCAD in any way, it has improved by leaps and bounds but due to the direction the software has taken it now isn`t much more money to buy a very, very highly mature software that has been around much longer

Just my humble opinion for what it`s worth

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

You write like you read my Mind Rob.
    It might be a good strategy for BoB to take,maintenance fees that is.I missed V24 for the same reasons Rob just spoke of.Looks like 26 will be the same.One man Band cannot justify the money.not only that,I only use my CNC part of the time,because I am running other machines.Would like to see BoB make V25 better by fixing the little stuff that is still not right with an update.They seem to do this with each version.V25 was good,but there are things not right.

Page 1 of 9 123