Hi all,

I was running parts today when I got a 179 fault, "Low Spindle Oil or Pressure."

Pulled the cover and found that a plastic hose from the tranny to the pump was broken. I was hoping that I could get it replaced easily, but of course no.

It goes under the motor and transmission and is connected underneath the tranny. At first I hoped that I could just splice into it and do a temp repair, but it quickly broke off under the tranny.

Already have hose on the way and I ordered new spindle belts, encoder belt and pulleys and they are on their way. Might as well change the 19 year old parts while it is apart.

The question I have is about a warning on the front of the tranny. It say to "Block The Counter Balance Prior To Removing The Motor And Transmission." Makes sense, as I will be taking about 300+ pounds off the machine, but I find no reference to that in the service manual under changing or removing the motor and tranny.

They do say to take the spindle to the top, so is that good enough for stopping the counter balance from being damaged? If not, how do I block it before removing motor and transmission?

Missed the shipping time for today, and won't get parts until Monday, so plenty of time to clean up the old girl before putting her skirt back on.

Thanks in advance.

Mike